Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Here's an interesting question: Is Ludwick done here? Has his statement (and performance, or lack thereof, and age) made him an easy scapegoat for the team's perceived lack of success?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Here's an interesting question: Is Ludwick done here? Has his statement (and performance, or lack thereof, and age) made him an easy scapegoat for the team's perceived lack of success?
    For the fans? Sure. That's not how Dusty or Walt operates, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

He'll be back but until he returns to his 2012 production levels he will not have a particularly pleasant go of it.

Plus a lot depends on what actually happens in the postseason. I know a lot of you are already looking for your golf clubs, but if they make a run it would change the conversation a lot about all of this.

I really don't think we'll pay him to go away though, and nobody is taking that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I really don't think we'll pay him to go away though, and nobody is taking that contract.
    Ludwick isn't making that much $8.5M with a $4.5M buyout for 2015. If the Reds kicked in some money, a team like OAK may want to take a flyer on him. Maybe someone like the Cubs would want a veteran on that team who isn't going to cost a lot. That said, I think he's back next season because if you lose him and you lose Choo, you're replacing 2/3 of your OF. God forbid Bruce gets hurt.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

Always Red (09-30-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I personally don't get the uproar. I think his comment is being completely misunderstood or blown out of proportion.

9. Likes:

1940757690 (09-30-2013),dougdirt (09-30-2013),George Anderson (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I personally don't get the uproar. I think his comment is being completely misunderstood or blown out of proportion.
    Big agree with Charles here. I can't believe this thread is approaching 500 posts (though has veered into different areas OT so the count is inflated).

Personally, I'm well past the point of caring about this at all. It's all about tomorrow. And, zero doubt PNC will be packed; hopefully with a respectable showing of fans in red. I'll be there and do my best to give Ryan a wave and wish him luck.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

11. Likes:

George Anderson (09-30-2013)

Kind of like some discussions with my wife.

I may be right, but opening up the topic is a can of worms and a target-rich environment for misunderstandings and disagreements. I'll lose no matter what. The best tactic is to keep your mouth shut.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

1940757690 (09-30-2013),Always Red (09-30-2013),Falls City Beer (09-30-2013)

Oh I think Ludwick had good motives but just chose his words poorly, leaving a target too juicy to resist ( I know I couldn't resist).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Perception is reality. If he had said that and the Reds swept the Pirates and go on to the World Series, it would have been a blip on the radar. Because they have lost 5 in a row and played (poorly) to sellout crowds over the weekend, it magnifies the statement. And you can never go right suggesting that the fans are the problem. The Reds performance over the weekend gave every fan and sportswriter license to make fun of Ludwick's statement. If they lose Tuesday, there will be more criticism and Ludwick could be the scapegoat if Dusty isn't.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Evidently, Ian Kinsler had a similar complaint to Ludwick because they did not sell out on Sunday. I love Ft. Worth Star Telegram Columnist Randy Galloway's response on the radio, "F__ Ian Kinsler how about you just win the damn game tonight.

17. Likes:

mbgrayson (09-30-2013),toledodan (09-30-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric from NC View Post
    Evidently, Ian Kinsler had a similar complaint to Ludwick because they did not sell out on Sunday. I love Ft. Worth Star Telegram Columnist Randy Galloway's response on the radio, "F__ Ian Kinsler how about you just win the damn game tonight.
    I can see both sides. Don't tell people how to spend their money. But is it really too much to ask that you sell out a game like that? I mean really?

Because they have lost 5 in a row and played (poorly) to sellout crowds over the weekend, it magnifies the statement. And you can never go right suggesting that the fans are the problem. The Reds performance over the weekend gave every fan and sportswriter license to make fun of Ludwick's statement. If they lose Tuesday, there will be more criticism and Ludwick could be the scapegoat if Dusty isn't.
    and again, it is not about sellout or not... it´s about the atmosphere => how loud is it in the stadium, and altough it was a sellout it was quiet and you could here pirates fans on tv...

of course did the players give them few if anything to cheer......

I like what Ludwick gave the team 2012 and I like the fact that he was once a reds fan and is (according to other players + media) a good guy in the clubhouse... I don´t overreact because his 2013 wasn´t that good.. the guy was hurt most of the season and was a slow starter in 2012. I hope that he has a great postseason (for him and the discussion about his comments)

Classy football city Dallas is

If it bothers Kinsler so much, he could purchase the unsold tickets and distribute them to children's charities or local schools.

On the other hand, it's part of the American fabric to complain incessantly about how people poorer than you spend their money.

22. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-30-2013),membengal (09-30-2013),OnBaseMachine (10-01-2013),toledodan (09-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?