Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Well, I'll be at the game on Friday so at leat one person will be cheering.

I will obey all make-noise amd every-body-clap-your-hands and other mass inertia creators.
    me, too! (and Sat and Sun).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2013),Roy Tucker (09-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

From a 1980 game program:

REDS TOPS IN ATTENDANCE

The Cincinnati Reds drew more than two million fans to Riverfront Stadium in 1979 for the seventh consecutive year, and no team in the history of professional baseball has done better. The Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers share the new record, having matched strides with two million attendance seasons from 1973 through 1979.

A total of 2,356,933 fans saw the Reds play at Riverfront this past season. The reds passed the 2.3 million marker for the fifth consecutive year. That is also a major league attendance record, all the more remarkable because Cincinnati comprises the second smallest market in major league baseball.

Only 12 other teams in baseball history have ever topped the two million mark at home and the Reds were the first team ever to draw 2.5 million for three years in a row. They did that from 1976-78.

The Reds had a total paid attendance of 22.6 million fans during the decade of the 1970s, nearly 13 times the total population of Cincinnati. That’s the highest ratio of attendance to population, by far, of any major league baseball team.

Since the stadium opened on June 30, 1970 more than 20 million fans have watched baseball games at Riverfront. It’s no wonder Cincinnati has often been called the Baseball Capital of the World.

The two National League Championship series games played at Riverfront Stadium drew the two largest crowds for any of major league baseball’s postseason games.

The Reds opening game of the NLCS against Pittsburgh attracted a paid crowd of 55,006, the sixth largest baseball crowd ever at Riverfront. The paid attendance for Game 2 was 55,000, the seventh largest Stadium throng.

5. Likes:

Always Red (09-26-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    me, too! (and Sat and Sun).
    I'll be there all three games this weekend too. That means at least four of us (including my mom who's coming with me Friday and Sunday) will be cheering our hearts out!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

7. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2013)

This thread mostly just makes me laugh.

"Hey guys, you should come on out to the ballpark and support the team like your reputation says you do."

"Hey cram it you worthless piece of ****, I will murder you, your family, and this whole lousy choking team for that."
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Brutus (09-26-2013),westofyou (09-26-2013)

Heh, it's not that. It's a basic "don't insult your customers" principle.

11. Likes:

Always Red (09-26-2013),foxfire123 (09-26-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This thread mostly just makes me laugh.

"Hey guys, you should come on out to the ballpark and support the team like your reputation says you do."

"Hey cram it you worthless piece of ****, I will murder you, your family, and this whole lousy choking team for that."
    Made up hyperbole.

Funny stuff.

Fans ripping players on a daily basis.
    Players rip fans? End of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

14. Likes:

Brutus (09-26-2013)

It's a kind of chicken-and-the-egg thing. Do the Reds play well if the fans cheer or do the fans cheer because the Reds play well? If everyone in that stadium yesterday was on their feet cheering their heads off in that last inning, would Ludwick have guaranteed a win? Would that have tied it at least? My guess is that they wouldn't have. I'm sure the players love a packed house with fans cheering them all game long but that doesn't guarantee results. I believe Ludwick is taking issue with just the fans at the stadium and not the ones watching on TV and listening to the radio although I'm sure he and the players would like more of them to come out. It's pretty dumb to say something like that out loud though unless he thinks by saying that, fans will come out and boo him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Fans ripping players on a daily basis.
    Players rip fans? End of the world.
    This is so stupid. It's a false equivalence. You choose to play a professional sport, getting ripped by fans is part of the bargain. Has been for a century. If you can't deal with it, don't put yourself in the public spotlight. As long as it doesn't cross into racial or ethnic or sexist or homophobic or violent threats, that's part of the deal.

18. Likes:

WMR (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    This is so stupid. It's a false equivalence. You choose to play a professional sport, getting ripped by fans is part of the bargain. Has been for a century. If you can't deal with it, don't put yourself in the public spotlight. As long as it doesn't cross into racial or ethnic or sexist or homophobic or violent threats, that's part of the deal.
    Like attending a game and booing the home team? It's your right to do so, just part of the deal, correct?

Ludwick just needs to shut up and hit. It does no good for any player to rip the fans. In the end if it wasn't for the interest of the fans there would be no baseball. Our interest in the game pays for their salary. Someone needs to point out to him that the Reds did have record attendance at GABP this year and by the end of Sunday won't be far off from the all time record.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

21. Likes:

remdog (09-28-2013),WMR (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Like attending a game and booing the home team? It's your right to do so, just part of the deal, correct?
    But Ludwick wasn't even complaining about that.

Booing is bad, but all fan bases do it and just like ripping players on a message board it has nothing to do with Ludwick's comments. He wants more "passion".

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I didn't realize you were forced to be a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

24. Likes:

Brutus (09-26-2013)

Good for him for saying it, the way our team can go through slumps swinging the bats we need any advantage we can get. It'd be awesome if our crowd is crazy loud for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Good for him for saying it, the way our team can go through slumps swinging the bats we need any advantage we can get. It'd be awesome if our crowd is crazy loud for this series.
    I think the stadium will be packed this weekend, but I fear that Ludwick will get booed which I am completely against doing for a home team player.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Turn Off Ads?