Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    If it bothers Kinsler so much, he could purchase the unsold tickets and distribute them to children's charities or local schools.

On the other hand, it's part of the American fabric to complain incessantly about how people poorer than you spend their money.
    Yeah, these players

CAN
    NOT
    WIN
    THIS
    GAME

Because then the fans start asking questions about how the players dole out their cash. Let's start with why I'm begged to tweet hashtags to raise money for a cause that they'll wheel out an oversize novelty before a game for the amount of $3,000 while the Reds are paying their players ~$700,000 for that day's work. Shut up and play hard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Indians went 21-6 in September with poor attendance.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Perception is reality. If he had said that and the Reds swept the Pirates and go on to the World Series, it would have been a blip on the radar. Because they have lost 5 in a row and played (poorly) to sellout crowds over the weekend, it magnifies the statement. And you can never go right suggesting that the fans are the problem. The Reds performance over the weekend gave every fan and sportswriter license to make fun of Ludwick's statement. If they lose Tuesday, there will be more criticism and Ludwick could be the scapegoat if Dusty isn't.
    Did he do that? No.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Did he do that? No.
    He implied it. He's the celebrity; it's his words that are going to stick.

In Ludwick's defense, GABP would never be as loud as it is in Texas right now, even if it held 250,000. Especially with the home team down 4-2 in the bottom of the 6th.

"So Fla Red"

How did the Rangers not sell out the play-in to the play-in game last night?

Must have been the fans.

Rays vs. Indians

The two AL teams with no fans now meeting to go onto the NLDS. Hotter than a firecracker down the stretch. Butts in seats are apparently overrated.

The two AL teams with no fans now meeting to go onto the NLDS. Hotter than a firecracker down the stretch. Butts in seats are apparently overrated.
    If the winner of the AL wildcard ends up in the NLDS, you've got quite a scoop there.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If the winner of the AL wildcard ends up in the NLDS, you've got quite a scoop there.

How would Ludwick, Chris Carpenter and Ian Kinsler explain that?

Turn Off Ads?