Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Milwaukee is a great baseball town. Great basketball town too. we've had this discussion before. Trust me I've lived there. Watching a baseball game in cold weather is no fun. Amazing they even supported a team when they had to sit outside. No comparison with Cincinnati. Ohio is all about football.
    So Milwaukee is a great baseball town, but only when the Brewers are good, playing in the National League, and have a retractable roof stadium.

I think that pretty well proves the "baseball town" determination is a worthless exercise.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Ludwick is right... he used some wrong words but all in all he is right through...

I can only judge from what I see in tv, because I´m not at the ballpark but even if the reds have a full house it isn´t very loud...

his point with the games in pittsburgh is right.. there was a great (playoff like) athmosphere even during times where the pirates didn´t play well...

In my opinion the fans should be loud and push the team if they don´t play well and have problems... they should try to help them => it is more important to be loud if the team plays from behind and it doesn´t help to say the team should win first before the fans could get loud...

I know I´m from germany and there is a different culture in professional sport fandom but it´s hard to understand some comments from reds fans here...

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What has Ryan Ludwick contributed to this team that gives him the right to complain about our fans? I'll be glad when he's gone.
    he was one of the reason´s the reds won the division last year and as lots of people say he is a huge factor in the clubhouse (that´s the reason he wanted to say something about fansupport and wanted to get the fans going the next few games)

of course he´s not good this year, but I had no expactations from him this year! it´s not his fault that dusty puts him out there as cleanup hitter although he missed most of the season with a bad injury..

he was pretty bad last year the first month aswell and than started to get hot... the problem is that he didn´t have the time this year because he played only 1 and a half months

5. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    So what if Reds fans were like Cubs fans, routinely packing the house for 70 win seasons for the last 5 decades?

Would that make Cincinnati a baseball town? Would we be true noble Romans then?
    Yum. Noble Romans.

Apologies to non-Hoosiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

7. Likes:

gilpdawg (09-26-2013),Revering4Blue (09-26-2013)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I say give Reds fans something to be loud and energetic about, and they won't disappoint.
    Really? 90+ wins and fighting for playoff positioning isn't something to be loud and energetic about? What are you waiting for?

just shut up and drive in runs, you stupid fricking idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    What has Ryan Ludwick contributed to this team that gives him the right to complain about our fans? I'll be glad when he's gone.
    He gives a crap, plain and simple. His comments are the antithesis of the spoiled athlete only concerned about the money. He's imploring the fans to come in droves and be loud for the PIT series. I don't get why that's a problem for folks.

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-26-2013)

I have been to games both this year and last year and I must say that last year seemed so much more fun and loud at the stadium.

I think Ludwick has a point as I have been to games this year where you only hear a murmur of sound instead of cheers. However, I think that last year the fans had more to cheer about. In my opinion, last year this team played with heart and had a fire about them. However, this year it seems that they are content with whatever happens to them instead of making things happen.
    Last year, we were on fire when Votto went down. I am not saying he is the problem, but the team stepped up and played with heart that got the fans excited too. We overcame so much last year and I think it showed in the crowd how much the team and fans were in it.

From what I have seen this year is that the players do not seem truly in it. You have Votto and BP not even run to 1B on ground outs. You have complete brain farts on the basepaths and you have the dissappointing seasons that Frazier, Ludwick, Cueto, Broxton, Hanigan, and Marshall are having. A case can be made for the platoon in LF and Votto too.

But all in all, I think the players and the fans alike expected the preseason predictions of us taking the Central easily. That is why the players are going through the motions and why fans are not shelling out the money to attend a week day game where you have notoriously drop games to teams nearly 15 games below .500

I think this weekend will draw big crowds as long as we win 1 of the 2 first games. However, I fear that fans will boo Ludwick for his comments and that is a crowd I do not want to be a part of.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    He gives a crap, plain and simple. His comments are the antithesis of the spoiled athlete only concerned about the money.
    2012 33 Cincinnati Reds $2,000,000 contracts
    2013 34 Cincinnati Reds $2,000,000

2014 35 Cincinnati Reds $8,500,000
    2015 36 Cincinnati Reds *$9,000,000 $9M Mutual Option, $4.5M Buyout

Somebody make him sign those contracts? Did the apathetic, horrible fans of Cincinnati compel him to accept in excess of $20M to play baseball in our dump of a town? Seems to me after 2012 he could have punched his ticket a lot of places that don't offend his sensibilities.

14. Likes:

remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    2012 33 Cincinnati Reds $2,000,000 contracts
    2013 34 Cincinnati Reds $2,000,000

2014 35 Cincinnati Reds $8,500,000
    2015 36 Cincinnati Reds *$9,000,000 $9M Mutual Option, $4.5M Buyout

Somebody make him sign those contracts? Did the apathetic, horrible fans of Cincinnati compel him to accept in excess of $20M to play baseball in our dump of a town? Seems to me after 2012 he could have punched his ticket a lot of places that don't offend his sensibilities.
    So it's Ludwick who's being overly sensitive? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    So it's Ludwick who's being overly sensitive? Right.
    I am sick of some of these guys being perfectly willing to cash an exorbitant check, much of which stems from revenue generated from the people of this city, and then crap on those patrons' heads. Yes, I think it shows an awe-inspiring level of privilege and stupidity.

17. Likes:

joshua (09-26-2013)

Well, I'll be at the game on Friday so at leat one person will be cheering.

I will obey all make-noise amd every-body-clap-your-hands and other mass inertia creators.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 09-26-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

19. Likes:

Always Red (09-26-2013),Crumbley (09-26-2013),KittyDuran (09-26-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I have been to games both this year and last year and I must say that last year seemed so much more fun and loud at the stadium.

I think Ludwick has a point as I have been to games this year where you only hear a murmur of sound instead of cheers. However, I think that last year the fans had more to cheer about. In my opinion, last year this team played with heart and had a fire about them. However, this year it seems that they are content with whatever happens to them instead of making things happen.
    Last year, we were on fire when Votto went down. I am not saying he is the problem, but the team stepped up and played with heart that got the fans excited too. We overcame so much last year and I think it showed in the crowd how much the team and fans were in it.

From what I have seen this year is that the players do not seem truly in it. You have Votto and BP not even run to 1B on ground outs. You have complete brain farts on the basepaths and you have the dissappointing seasons that Frazier, Ludwick, Cueto, Broxton, Hanigan, and Marshall are having. A case can be made for the platoon in LF and Votto too.

But all in all, I think the players and the fans alike expected the preseason predictions of us taking the Central easily. That is why the players are going through the motions and why fans are not shelling out the money to attend a week day game where you have notoriously drop games to teams nearly 15 games below .500

I think this weekend will draw big crowds as long as we win 1 of the 2 first games. However, I fear that fans will boo Ludwick for his comments and that is a crowd I do not want to be a part of.
    Hit the nail on the head right there. I am a regular at the ball park and I'll continue to go the rest of this year, but this is the key point. It's hard to get excited about an underachieving club. It's easy to get excited about an overachieving club. I don't even disagree with Ludwick that it's been pretty quiet this year. That is the reason IMO and its just human nature.

Fans are hesitant to believe in the team since last years heartbreak at home. Win a playoff series and I'd guess this changes.

A couple minor points about what he actually said.

1. I think that lady is in the minority that thinks we have a "great team".
    2. We're not really in a "pennant race" and we barely were Tuesday. Realistically, we have been playing out the string waiting on Tuesday for a while now.

Turn Off Ads?