Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Very strange.

You can see it here, if you really care (you probably don't). Though I am more near Miamitown than where the little "location marker" is for Colerain.
    Very odd indeed. A googleism I guess. Gave a zip of 43935. I actually used "Colerain, Ohio" as the search term. If you try that, you might see what I got.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Very odd indeed. A googleism I guess. Gave a zip of 43935. I actually used "Colerain, Ohio" as the search term. If you try that, you might see what I got.
    I tried it.... came up with the correct location. I think Google is just messing with you, but I don't want to know why. If I were you though, I would avoid Google Glass, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yes I do think people don't get how rare they are.

Moan, moan, moan I read it daily, he sucks, they suck, they are stiff, the offense sucks, so and so is a flash in the pan, so in so is a dog, no flags, no respect from espn, no respect from MLB channel.

All even before the playoffs have even started.

No one appreciates the process, only the result. Yeah I get that and I think it's a shame.
    The general vibe I've gotten from the fans, media, et al this year has been. Nothing matters until the playoffs. They could win 95-100-115 games and fans would still be on edge waiting to win a playoff series.

Except if the Reds lost a game, in which case they were all overrated, passive, no account weenies who wouldn't know a sense of urgency if it bit them in the butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    The ones we got had pictures on them of players. Both my brother and I got Griffey. I think Foster and Driessen were also options.

We played with ours alot and in fact I am pretty sure we still got them somewhere.
    Not the same ones I had. I had a wood colored one (can't remember which player "model" it was), a yellow one (not sure on the player) and a red one that was a Joe Morgan model. The Joe Morgan model lasted for one swing (against actual pitching). I remember because it was the last one I had. These were all just normal looking bats though without pictures or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The general vibe I've gotten from the fans, media, et al this year has been. Nothing matters until the playoffs. They could win 95-100-115 games and fans would still be on edge waiting to win a playoff series.

Except if the Reds lost a game, in which case they were all overrated, passive, no account weenies who wouldn't know a sense of urgency if it bit them in the butt.
    I heard several people in my section openly talking about how Choo and Votto suck. Yes, those two players. They suck.

Fans are emotional disasters. Of course I also saw a tweet from Lance McAllister talking about how Marty said that the Reds need Joey Votto to get going. Yes, the guy who just broke the franchise record for times reaching base in a single season needs to get going.

I will never be surprised by how this fan base acts towards its players when they worship so to speak at the words of Marty Brennamen.

7. Likes:

HokieRed (09-28-2013),Homer Bailey (09-28-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Cincinnati: the town that eats its own.
    Spend a few years in New York.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Until we boo Santa Claus, we're doing ok

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I had a few of those (from my grandpa). I tried playing with them. They didn't last more than a few swings each.
    You guys were doing it wrong. I had several Reds mini-bats as a kid and we used them constantly. But we only used them to play tape ball (wadded up newspaper wrapped in tape). I don't recall ever breaking a single bat.

No matter how you try and explain it away, Ludwick ran off at the mouth, and at a bad time. And when you run off at the mouth as a player, then the spotlight comes on you and all the scrutiny that comes with it.

So, yeah, a few hits or what not from him last night would have been a nice thing.

12. Likes:

DocRed (09-28-2013),Larkin Fan (09-28-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Spend a few years in New York.
    This city would boo Derek Jeter if he were a Red.

14. Likes:

Homer Bailey (09-29-2013)

Ludwick needs to sit today...have some cahones Dusty.

Successful ballplayers know not only what to focus and work on, but what to ignore. Ludwick has a problem with the latter, at the very least.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

17. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-28-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

2 years straight of weird, negative energy at the end of the year.

19. Likes:

1940757690 (09-28-2013),Always Red (09-28-2013),Homer Bailey (09-29-2013),KittyDuran (09-28-2013),Larkin Fan (09-28-2013),remdog (09-28-2013),Revering4Blue (09-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    2 years straight of weird, negative energy at the end of the year.
    Exactly they can feel things start to slip away as the pressure mounts. The team gets tight and they look for someone to blame.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

21. Likes:

KYRedsFan (09-29-2013)

Another missed opportunity by the fans today.

23. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-28-2013),Larkin Fan (09-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-28-2013),Red in Chicago (09-28-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?