Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    It's easy to be a 'baseball town' when you're winning. The Cardinals have averaged 88 wins a year since the strike year (not counting 1995). Winning breeds winning. We've only been winning since 2010. I remember 1999 being an AWESOME year for the city. They were behind the team 1000%.

But when you're a franchise that's had only 5 winning seasons since their last World Championship 23 years ago (3 of those in the last 4 years), then it's gonna take time for us to become a better 'baseball town' than what we're doing. We've got to not only win during the regular season, but the post season like STL.

I'm telling you, if we don't at least get to NLCS, there will be many jaded fans out there especially considering baseball seems to be a 'dying' sport.
    No argument here. That's the truth.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Article about Lecure and Hoover saying similar things three weeks ago.

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/...es-this-season
    Even some Reds players noticed the weak showing.

Sam LeCure tweeted on Wednesday "sure would be nice to see a packed house tonight against a team we are chasing to go to the playoffs...hint hint"

Jay Bruce, normally outspoken on Twitter, decided to quit the social media site this week, citing the overwhelming ridicule from fans.

JJ Hoover followed LeCure's lead, tweeting back at Reds writer Jamie Ramsey about Tuesday's attendance "you ain't lying that was a pitiful showing last night. Thought we were trying to break an attendance record"
    Last edited by klw; 09-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.

I get the players' frustrations, but the only thing worse than constantly being mediocre like we were during the 2000's is doing what we've done 2 of the last 3 years.

EDIT: I meant this in terms of getting more and more people to become fans of this team. IT's not any worse for us die hards to enjoy this run, but we can't the casual fans to get excited when we crap our pants when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Article about Lecure and Hoover saying similar things three weeks ago.

http://rantsports.com/rantsports/#!/...27f5d9d017221f
    I don't know about that, but I'm ready for the 2010 NFL Draft!

6. Likes:

WildcatFan (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    It's easy to be a 'baseball town' when you're winning. The Cardinals have averaged 88 wins a year since the strike year (not counting 1995). Winning breeds winning. We've only been winning since 2010. I remember 1999 being an AWESOME year for the city. They were behind the team 1000%.

But when you're a franchise that's had only 5 winning seasons since their last World Championship 23 years ago (3 of those in the last 4 years), then it's gonna take time for us to become a better 'baseball town' than what we're doing. We've got to not only win during the regular season, but the post season like STL.

I'm telling you, if we don't at least get to NLCS, there will be many jaded fans out there especially considering baseball seems to be a 'dying' sport.
    Exactly. Being a terrible franchise for 15 seasons in a city not predisposed to flocking to baseball does a hell of a lot of damage to the brand. Choking last postseason isn't going to go a long way to undoing that negativity. It's going to take time. And let's face it, this club, if they're not careful, could turn into the 2011 version of the Phillies in the blink of an eye. Choppy waters.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2013)

I went to three games during the STL-LAD homestand and it was a similar atmosphere to the playoff games last season.

I don't get the complaining, I really don't.

How were they supposed to draw 30,000+ from 1938 to 1969 when Crosley Field (according to wiki) only had a capacity of 29,000 and change for the overwhelming majority of that time?

11. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (09-25-2013),alwaysawarrior (09-26-2013),joshua (09-26-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    How were they supposed to draw 30,000+ from 1938 to 1969 when Crosley Field (according to wiki) only had a capacity of 29,000 and change for the overwhelming majority of that time?
    A true baseball town would find a way.

13. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (09-25-2013),Always Red (09-25-2013),alwaysawarrior (09-26-2013),Falls City Beer (09-25-2013),mdccclxix (09-25-2013),Norm Chortleton (09-25-2013),Playadlc (09-25-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013),texasdave (09-25-2013),The Operator (09-26-2013),Todd Gack (09-25-2013),westofyou (09-25-2013),WMR (09-26-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don't know about that, but I'm ready for the 2010 NFL Draft!
    Wow that site was not user friendly, changed to a different article.

15. Likes:

kaldaniels (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My bad it was in September not the whole season
    I've heard that The Miami Marlins have drawn over 30K on the second Tuesday of every month that have 31 days when the temperature was over 80 degrees, and a left handed pitcher from a southern state started for the opposing team, exactly zero times since 2003.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I went to three games during the STL-LAD homestand and it was a similar atmosphere to the playoff games last season.

If I'm wagering, I'd say this is just PR stuff. The organization needling some guys with twitter accounts. Harmless, but stupid.

It doesn't anger me. It's silly and it won't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post

It's because we're just waiting for the **** playoffs to start. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to play at home. But just get us to Tuesday whether it's in Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

as a Reds fan i would have liked leader material Ludwick to say this about the fans "I know we didnt look good this series, but pack the house against the Pirates and yell as loud as you can and help the team,so we can try and take 2 of 3 and get a home playoff game" that would have gone over alot better

20. Likes:

remdog (09-27-2013)

"Cincinnati is not a baseball town because the Reds have failed to draw 50,000+ fans to a home game since leaving Riverfront/Cinergy Field." --John Erardi

Having said that I think attendance should be slightly better.

22. Likes:

Always Red (09-25-2013),BuckeyeRedleg (09-25-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013)

I had to work. I watched the game and the Reds didn't score 1 run. The Reds didn't score 1 run, they lost 1-0. The Reds didn't score 1 run.

Turn Off Ads?