Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ludwick = Washed Up

Ludwick = Washed Up

Never mind his comments, dude is finished. Even when he makes contact, he looks slow....Corky Miller Slow... chugging down to 1st base. At this point, he is a liability in every aspect of the game.

Is this really our cleanup/#2 hitter for the playoff(s)?!

What needs to happen?
    Hamilton to CF, Choo to LF, Ludwick to Rolen's house to watch it on the big screen.

What will happen?
    "Ludwick bats clean-up, dude. He's a vet. And anyway, ya gotta split up those lefties. It's in the book."

Ya know, a Ludwick filled, Hamilton-less lineup might be enough to squeak one past the Pirates in one game. But St. Louis? C'mon now...

I would like to think that Dusty is limiting Hamilton's exposure to keep the scouting report on him in check. But I have a feeling the lineups we've seen the past few nights are how it's gonna be for the playoff(s).

Not. Gonna. Get. It. Done. He's signed through 2014 too. Yay.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Ludwick = Washed Up

Next season will be a better indicator if he's washed up or not. He's coming off a pretty major shoulder injury.

4. Likes:

1940757690 (09-28-2013),pahster (09-28-2013),Unassisted (09-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-28-2013)

Ludwick is hurt and still recovering. Give him time to heal in the offseason before you proclaim him done.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Next season will be a better indicator if he's washed up or not. He's coming off a pretty major shoulder injury.
    True.

This season though...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Ludwick is hurt and still recovering. Give him time to heal in the offseason before you proclaim him done.
    The frustration is that Dusty is not giving him til the offseason...he's using him in the biggest moments of the biggest games of the year.

8. Likes:

cincinnati chili (09-28-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-29-2013),SirFelixCat (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    The frustration is that Dusty is not giving him til the offseason...he's using him in the biggest moments of the biggest games of the year.
    I totally agree. He was hot for awhile, but he's obviously not right at the moment. Billy Hamilton is the best option IMO. If he comes up in a situation where the reds need a homer let ludwick air it out for one at bat. I think his shoulder could handle that.

10. Likes:

1940757690 (09-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-28-2013)

I think the Reds will likely keep him thru 2014, just to see if he can bounce back to his 2012 form. He's an asset if he does bounce back to that level.

On the other side-the only deferred money is in the 2015 buyout. If they were to cut or trade him this year, the 4.5 million would all that it would cost; that and the 2 million SB. If there is a cash crunch, this option might be viable.

So these are the types of quality threads we have to look forward to if the Reds lose on Tuesday?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

13. Likes:

Big Klu (09-29-2013),reds44 (09-30-2013),Unassisted (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    So these are the types of quality threads we have to look forward to if the Reds lose on Tuesday?
    I'd say the thread is fine, but the original post is a bit rough.

Well, you gotta admit, if the Reds do lose Tuesday it will be a third consecutive quick, disappointing playoff exit.

16. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-28-2013)

I'd love to ask a sincere question. I've only been posting here for a couple of years. I have a low post count mostly because I've been active only in late summer/fall.

Today on the game thread, I got lightly lambasted by kC for implying that optimism is better than pessimism and for saying that the thread was getting pretty negative. kC's point, which I challenged some at the time, was that he didn't like people (not just me) implying there were right or wrong ways to post. Thinking about that more after the game, I came to think kC had a point and I'd probably rethink how I post in the future. Some of us are more pessimistic by nature but enjoy critqueing the team, Dusty, players, moves, whatever. Others are more optimistic in their posts.

Here, Brutus basically condemns the creation of a thread and, implicitly the posters that contributed to it.

What is the unwritten rule or generally-agreed on approach with commenting on other RZ members' posts, different from the content therein?
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

18. Likes:

jojo (09-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-29-2013),toledodan (09-28-2013)

Yep, With many FIRE DUSTY threads to follow. I'm sure you will spread sunshine, rainbows and unicorn threads to tell us everything is ok.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

20. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-29-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Yes.

22. Likes:

Big Klu (09-29-2013),Brutus (09-28-2013),reds44 (09-30-2013),toledodan (09-28-2013)

It was a bad contract/signing that had more to do with balancing economics and production than it did improving a lineup.

Not sure why a 1 year deal couldn't have been consumated.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-28-2013)

There is a guideline at the bottom of this page that says:

"It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for."

Brutus (and some others) will not be happy until that guideline is eliminated. They are the dreaded Thread Police.

26. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-30-2013),jojo (09-29-2013),KYRedsFan (09-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-29-2013),toledodan (09-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?