Haunted by walks

Bud Selig to retire

2. Likes:

maxpower05 (05-24-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Bud Selig to retire

Couldn't happen soon enough.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

5. Likes:

MillerTime58 (09-26-2013)

Now he can regain the reins of the Brewers!
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

So soon?

Then into a box and shipped to Salems Lot

9. Likes:

Big Klu (09-26-2013), Blimpie (09-26-2013), Johnny Footstool (09-26-2013), KittyDuran (09-26-2013), Mitri (09-26-2013), wolfboy (09-26-2013)

He will be inducted into the Hall of Fame one day.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I'll believe this when it happens.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

12. Likes:

cincinnati chili (09-27-2013), maxpower05 (05-24-2014)

Any speculation on a replacement? I haven't a clue who would move into the seat.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Gary Bettman is pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Any speculation on a replacement? I haven't a clue who would move into the seat.
    FTA:

Former Cubs, Twins and Orioles executive Andy MacPhail, MLB executive Joe Torre and Mets GM Sandy Alderson have been rumored as possible replacements over the years.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

On a side note, one of the only things I agree with Selig on is the All Star Game. So many people kept shouting: "HOW CAN YOU END AN ALL STAR GAME ON A TIE?" (I don't know. . . maybe because it's an ALL STAR GAME!) I think his response was appropriate to the demand from the fans. He made it count because they demanded they make it count.

Do I think it should determine HFA? Heck no. But I think he gave the whiners what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The article mentioned Sandy Alderson, Joe Torre and Andy MacPhail.

While Baseball has had great growth during his tenure he let two things happen that were very bad for the game. The 1994 strike and ignoring PED use. I hope the HOF voters will remember that on down the road.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

remdog (09-27-2013)

Hopefully it won't be an AL apologist, or the DH may be finally foisted upon us.

20. Likes:

maxpower05 (05-24-2014), Old school 1983 (09-26-2013), remdog (09-27-2013)

He's not really retiring. He will come back in disguise as "new" commish Dub Giles - Bud Selig spelled backwards - with Harry Caray's ghost as deputy commissioner.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

22. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-26-2013), Tom Servo (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    FTA:

Former Cubs, Twins and Orioles executive Andy MacPhail, MLB executive Joe Torre and Mets GM Sandy Alderson have been rumored as possible replacements over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The article mentioned Sandy Alderson, Joe Torre and Andy MacPhail.

While Baseball has had great growth during his tenure he let two things happen that were very bad for the game. The 1994 strike and ignoring PED use. I hope the HOF voters will remember that on down the road.
    I'd hope we might be able to get some new blood in there. An outsider with a strong personality. And maybe not anyone pushing 70.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Turn Off Ads?