Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another attack between Giants and Dodgers fans

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Re: Another attack between Giants and Dodgers fans

Quote Originally Posted by Kradokk View Post
    Just to be clear, I wasnt acting like a jerk. In this case, my guess is that a doubleheader led to a lot of drunk idiots.

I was sitting in $110 seats between 1st base and right field. I was there with my fiancee, and in a section with a lot of families and children around me. This wasn't some bleacher bum incident. The reason I say this, is because she doesn't like being in an atmosphere with alcohol and profanity and was raised in a household with strong religious-like values. That said, I specifically didn't get seats in an area where I thought she might be uncomfortable.

When Cozart hit the homer, we stood and applauded and said "Way to go Zack!", at that point three guys who were walking up the stairs came and stood between me and the seat in front of me. I moved back thinking they were just trying to get past me to get to their seats in our row. Instead one of them got in my face and said "Sit the F*** down or go back to Cincinnati!" I said nothing, and the guys moved on.

After we won the first game, I was walking up the stairs to buy dinner for my fiancee, when someone yelled profanity and threw trash at me. I just let it go.

After game two on the way out, we were again greeted with profanity from some guys near the exit turnstiles.

So if standing and applauding and cheering for your team is being a jerk, I am guilty. Me, I blame routing a team for the second night in a row, and a doubleheader leading to way too much beer consumption. There are idiots in every ballpark, and i have been to 40+ Giants games in my life, and have run into a few here and there. Overall, Giants fans are pretty good, it was just sad to take my fiancee to her first game, and have that kind of crap happen.
    Sorry... I didn't see your post the first time. My post was meant to be general and not directed towards anyone in particular.

Sounds like you just ran into a real jerk... I think that's pretty rare when you were being as respectful as you were.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/sport/...html?hpt=us_c2

A Dodgers fan was stabbed to death only a couple blocks from the stadium by a Giants fan. After the Brian Stow incident and now this I can honestly say that I'm not comfortable wearing my teams gear in LA or SF. This rivalry is verging on Euro-league soccer stupid. Fans killing fans? Embarrassing
    there are hooligans in europe who like to fight each other but those guys usually donīt use weapons and kill eachother...

7 million people went to dodgers and giants games this season => itīs sad but with so many people who go to an event itīs clear that youīll find some stupid criminals...

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    there are hooligans in europe who like to fight each other but those guys usually donīt use weapons and kill eachother...

7 million people went to dodgers and giants games this season => itīs sad but with so many people who go to an event itīs clear that youīll find some stupid criminals...
    This is true. How about Latin american soccer leagues? Anyway, I didn't mean I would be scared to rep my team in LA or SF just that I might not where a jersey and I would think twice about cheering too much. Idk, just doesn't seem worth the risk.

My point was that this is now becoming an issue with this rivalry. I think both teams are going to have to start doing more during their series about making sure drunk a-holes are dealt with properly.

Some people, well a lot of people, just take sports way too seriously, and they're usually meathead types.

Turn Off Ads?