Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cueto to start Tuesday

Re: Cueto to start Tuesday

Hopefully Cueto is dominant. The offense needs to play small ball and manufacture runs. That being said my lineup would be:

Choo
    B Hamilton
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesoraco
    Cueto

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hoped for two things about halfway into today's game.... Cueto pitches the wild card game and Cingrani pitches tomorrow.... We need Cingrani and Cueto to even have half a chance f a championship.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    I hoped for two things about halfway into today's game.... Cueto pitches the wild card game and Cingrani pitches tomorrow.... We need Cingrani and Cueto to even have half a chance f a championship.
    F a championship? You got your priorities wrong man.

5. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-28-2013), PepperJack (09-28-2013), Tom Servo (09-28-2013)

Might the plan have been Latos at GABP if they won home field advantage, Cueto at PNC if they didn't?

Cueto's numbers at PNC are great, and Latos's numbers are significantly better at home than at PNC.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Might the plan have been Latos at GABP if they won home field advantage, Cueto at PNC if they didn't?

Cueto's numbers at PNC are great, and Latos's numbers are significantly better at home than at PNC.

I would think had the Reds one today, Cueto would have pitched Sunday to have a shot at home field. Then Latos could have pushed himself on Tuesday.

With the loss Cueto is not needed Sunday, so the team can save him for Tuesday. And rest Latos.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Hopefully Cueto is dominant. The offense needs to play small ball and manufacture runs. That being said my lineup would be:

Choo
    B Hamilton
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesoraco
    Cueto
    I agree and especially like the lineup. Definitely would prefer Ludwick off the bench on Tuesday. And, I like this defensive alignment. Now, if Hamilton can get on base once or twice, the Reds will have an excellent opportunity to score a run or two off of a very tough pitcher without needing to muster up a lot offensively.

Dusty will never "snub" a vet like this, so I'm guessing it's Ludwick all the way. Playing Hamilton might not be the "hot hand", but it seems a vast improvement over Ludwick's past few weeks. If you asked the Pirates, betcha they'd rather NOT see Hamilton.

Go figure.

If they can get past Pittsburgh, let's hope the offense heats up, otherwise I cannot imagine the next series going too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_Fourteen View Post
    If you asked the Pirates, betcha they'd rather NOT see Hamilton.
    If you asked the Pirates, betcha they have no idea how they ended up with a better record than the Redlegs.

10. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (09-28-2013)

When are the playoff rosters announced?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWilly View Post
    When are the playoff rosters announced?
    Not sure when they are announced, but they must be official by 10am of gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not sure when they are announced, but they must be official by 10am of gameday.
    Word.

If you look thru all the game logs.....Cueto easily has the best numbers this year vs the Buccos

I really, really like the Cueto decision. Don't care so much about the why; just think it's right. Dusty won't get much credit for it if they win. He will surely be vilified for it if they don't. Whatever. It's the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    He's the starter who'll give the Reds the best shot, no doubt about it. But as someone upthread said, no scoring, no victory. We can hope for some Pirates defensive gaffes I guess.
    Absolutely. And, while the offense has looked awful, I sat in PNC just last Sunday and saw them put up 11 against Locke and most of their pen. They can do it. Will they is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Good decision. Now if Choo and Bruce can come within a foot of a Liriano pitch they might win the game.
    Hey, remember, Liriano is winless against us in 3 starts this year. I don't put a ton of stock in that personally. But I do like it better than if the opposite was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    It simply gets more depressing. There's a small part of me that just wants to be put out of my misery. I need Votto to come up in the first inning and pull an Eric Davis and hit the ball into the Pittsburg river. Then I'll fell better.
    I like the thought about the Eric Davis shot, Mutaman. But I have a better idea. We need JV to send one out of PNC over right field. Because out there, just before the river, is a huge statue of Bill Mazeroski which would likely sound symphonic if a baseball banged off of it. And, given Maz's role in Bucs' history, that'd be especially ironic and very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post

Choo
    B Hamilton
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Mesoraco
    Cueto
    Like your lineup a lot. Wouldn't change any of it. But we won't see that. I hope Dusty gets closer to it. His Cueto decision maybe bodes well for some changes to his thinking so we'll see.

Most of all though, I'm just very, very stoked for Tuesday. Win, Reds. Just Win.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 09-28-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    I really, really like the Cueto decision. Don't care so much about the why; just think it's right. Dusty won't get much credit for it if they win. He will surely be vilified for it if they don't. Whatever. It's the right move.

Absolutely. And, while the offense has looked awful, I sat in PNC just last Sunday and saw them put up 11 against Locke and most of their pen. They can do it. Will they is the question.

Hey, remember, Liriano is winless against us in 3 starts this year. I don't put a ton of stock in that personally. But I do like it better than if the opposite was true.

I like the thought about the Eric Davis shot, Mutaman. But I have a better idea. We need JV to send one out of PNC over right field. Because out there, just before the river, is a huge statue of Bill Mazeroski which would likely sound symphonic if a baseball banged off of it. And, given Maz's role in Bucs' history, that'd be especially ironic and very sweet.

Like your lineup a lot. Wouldn't change any of it. But we won't see that. I hope Dusty gets closer to it. His Cueto decision maybe bodes well for some changes to his thinking so we'll see.

Most of all though, I'm just very, very stoked for Tuesday. Win, Reds. Just Win.
    Looking at the numbers for every starter this year against Pittsburgh and considering how Latos and Bailey...and Arroyo have been of late vs the Buccos.....combined with how Cueto has looked in 2 chances, coupled with him wanting to make up for last playoffs.....

Easiest decision Dusty has ever made.

Cueto gives this team the best chance to win, even with a healthy Latos.

18. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    The official story...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ame-Pittsburgh

- Latos arm "barking"
    - Arroyo's back bothered him Saturday
    - Bailey's leg bothered him Friday.

I'd say they're definitely going with the fresh arm. Smart move, and Cueto has the career numbers at PNC to back it up.
    I thought that Latos had a sore gut? Also have you ever noticed how that when a pitcher has a bad game he will claim an injury . I think that it was Larkin that would look at his fingers after making a throwing error (as if something was wrong).
    Last edited by Hubba; 09-29-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Turn Off Ads?