Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cueto to start Tuesday

Re: Cueto to start Tuesday

we have 3 guys in the rotation (cueto, latos and bailey) who would give me a good feeling for the wc game (pitching wise)

you have to go with the guy who´s feeling the best and cueto´s arm has not as many ip then the others (although injury rehap is work for the arm too)

and bailey and latos had some issues the past week (arm soreness and bailey had some problems with his foot and payed way to much attention on his landing the past 2 starts)

=> right decission....

I hope that the reds offense shows up

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post

I hope that the reds offense shows up
    yep.

I have reservations about Cueto starting this game, we've seen him look good a couple of times this year and then relapse into whatever back issues he's had and had to leave games. I'd much rather have entrusted this game to Latos or Homer.

Mostly I'm worried about Latos' arm "barking". Barking arms are not good things when you're getting ready to start the playoff obstacle course run. Hopefully this is just gamesmanship on Dusty's part.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Arroyo's back bothered him Saturday
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the game Sunday wearing a neck brace. He had to have hurt it whipping around to see how far those gopher balls flew.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Cueto has changed his delivery a bit and there is not much film on it, is that beneficial?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Cueto has changed his delivery a bit and there is not much film on it, is that beneficial?
    Has he changed it that much/at all? It didn't look that different to me his last time out.
    Just call me Legs

I like this move. Latos has faced the Pirates two times in the span of a week and then would have faced them again. Cueto has faced the Pirates twice, the last time in May. The Pirates may have locked on to Latos or may have too much of a familiarity with him. Pitching Cueto takes that away and may give the Reds an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I like this move. Latos has faced the Pirates two times in the span of a week and then would have faced them again. Cueto has faced the Pirates twice, the last time in May. The Pirates may have locked on to Latos or may have too much of a familiarity with him. Pitching Cueto takes that away and may give the Reds an advantage.
    Latos did not pitch in this series. So just once against the Pirates lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Latos did not pitch in this series. So just once against the Pirates lately.
    Whoops. I tried to block the last 5 games from my memory, forgot Latos pitched against the Mets.

Johnny kick a hole in the sky.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    He's the starter who'll give the Reds the best shot, no doubt about it. But as someone upthread said, no scoring, no victory. We can hope for some Pirates defensive gaffes I guess.

There's legitimate concern that the REDS could lose because of their Defense and Mental lapses.

Here's to their ability to be focused on Tuesday.

With Linaro being a lefty starting pitcher with a nasty slider (or other breaking pitch, not going to argue labels).. it makes a lot more sense to start the experienced Ludwick over Hamilton.
    I'm a huge fan of Hamilton, but Linaro would totally blow him away at this stage in their careers.

Ludwick is the best option for the last OF. His power might be sapped from the injury, but he's got the best eye (vs Hamilton or Heisey). Ludwick is the guy most likely go to get on base vs Linero..
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Cueto is a solid choice to start tomorrow, but by starting Cueto, there is probably no way Mez gets the start. Mez seems to destroy LH pitching & the offense sure could use his bat. Would Latos/Mez > Cueto/Hannigan, we will never know.

Turn Off Ads?