Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

At the end of the day my Hawks are down 2-0 to a team I know they are better than because we are playing their brand of hockey right now. If/once we go back to playing our style we will likely handle them. If we don't, St Louis will go on to round 2 and we will go home early.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Blue Jackets just beat Pittsburgh 4-3 a minute into the second OT. The series is nodded up 1-1 going back to Columbus. Big first win for CBJ.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Congrats. Would love to see that team advance.

The Bruins had a tough second period, but they held on for the win. Hockey, especially in the playoffs, is too exciting!
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I think what happened is that Seabrook expected Backes to play the puck more than he did, and he also didn't expect him to turn the way he did.

I agree, Seabrook is not a dirty player. But at the end of the day, he leveled a guy directly in the head who didn't even have the puck. Backes' head then swiung back and hit the board.. the guy could have been very seriously injured. Seabrook came so far that I think that as he lined up the hit he was expecting to hit Backes from the hide and have a shoulder to shoulder hit, and that it was a play for the puck. Unfortuantely that didn't happen and Seabrook already had his momentum coming his way. I think when Seabrook tells his side, the fact he doesn't have a history, and his "intent" will go some ways to avoid a long suspension.

But regardless, I expect that the ugly result and the direct hit to the head is going to have him sitting out next game. At minimum it was a penalty.... I felt fortunate to get out of the 5-3 situation.

3 games. 1 or 2, maybe, but 3 games?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Considering Seabrook had no priors I am very surprised at 3 games.

The hit itself could have been worthy of that for some guys, but as a first "penalty", seems very strong to me. Oh well, new guy running the show on that front, time will tell if that is consistent.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Considering Seabrook had no priors I am very surprised at 3 games.

The hit itself could have been worthy of that for some guys, but as a first "penalty", seems very strong to me. Oh well, new guy running the show on that front, time will tell if that is consistent.
    As a Blues fan, I still agree with you. I stand by the penalty called in the game, but I think the suspension was a bit harsh.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Your Blues are brutally physical.

And your guys are lucky to be leading this game still. How many chances before one goes in?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

The rate we're rolling on the PP you're due before we break through there. 1-11 or 12 on the series. Not good.

Well, the Blues looked to be buried here and have made a heck of a comeback to take a one goal lead in the third. It's a shame these two teams had to meet in the first round, because neither deserves an early playoff exit the way they're playing. This would have been a great matchup in the conference finals.

13. Likes:

Joseph (04-24-2014),Kingspoint (04-24-2014)

This is one tight series. Don't know how much more OT I can take. I need to sleep sometime.

15. Likes:

Joseph (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    This is one tight series. Don't know how much more OT I can take. I need to sleep sometime.
    You and me both!

Matt Cooke suspended 7 games for knee-on-knee hit on Tyson Barrie. Seeing that this is roughly the 10,000th time Cooke has tried to injure an opposing player (changed man my posterior), why not just banish the guy?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Minnesota really taking it to Colorado, tied the series up 2-2, and if not for 6.5 seconds, would be up 3-1.

Colorado had only 12 shots-on-goal last night. Hawks will get that in the first period tonight (not saying any will go in, but they'll get the 12 shots).

No Defense in the LA/San Jose series.

Won't see tonight's game...will be at the Blazers/Rockets game. There's a minor league hockey tournament going on with the Portland Winterhawks/ Kelowna Rockets for the Conference Championship. Pirates vs Cards....someone has to lose, while the REDS are at the Braves. What an awesome night in Sports. (Nadal trying to get through another tournament pain-free, but it's not going to happen....had to take meds from his Coach during a match this week!)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?