Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Your vote doesn't count, you hate Toews.

Kidding.

Obviously I have Hawk colored glasses on, but I think it SHOULD be Toews. I think it WILL be Crosby though. A guy like Toews is why the league has Captains. Crosby is an amazing talent [even if he does have his ass kissed by the league and NBC sports constantly] but I don't think his leadership skills match some of the other captains in the league like Toews.
    Totally agreed. Sid kind of plays in his own bubble. I suspect his gold medal goal from 2006 wins him the automatic Team Canada captaincy (only thing he did right the whole damn game, talk about vulturing the glory). If this were just about who's going to rally the troops if there's trouble, then Toews is the easy pick. Won't be about that.

Reminds me of when the Oilers had Gretzky and Messier. Gretzky was the best player on the planet, but only played as much defense as he had to and was far from the leader in the dressing room. Messier did everything on top of demanding his teammates leave every ounce of what they had on the ice.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Likes:

Joseph (01-21-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

With seven minutes to go in the 3rd, Minnesota has outhit the Hawks 15-6 (yet, Chicago had four penalties to Minnesota's one to this point).

Yet, Chicago has outshot the Wild 19-9 since the end of the 1st period.

Haven't seen the game. Are/have the Hawks been disrupted in their flow by the Wild's more physical play? What's accounted for the shutout?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-23-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Hawks are just slow tonight, just like last night in Detroit. Detroit was much more physical than the Wild have been tonight so I don't think its a matter of getting shoved around as much as just facing a goalie standing on his head and being slower than the Wild are.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

8 in a row for the Blue Jackets

7. Likes:

Joseph (01-24-2014)

Chicago flexed their superiority last night in Anaheim demonstrating they are still the team to beat by blanking the Ducks 2-0. Just have to avoid the Blues.

The Blackhawks are now 3-0-2 on their six-game swing before Sochi takes over hockey.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-06-2014 at 10:22 AM.

9. Likes:

Joseph (02-06-2014)

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Hawks have lost 3 regulation games in last 23 games or something like that. Those who think the Hawks have been "slumping" because of their inability to convert in SO and OT must also believe in pixies and fairies.

The Hawks will be the team to beat until they are elimianted IMO.

11. Likes:

Joseph (02-06-2014)

All right, I'm a soccer fan and, IMO, that sport has figured out scoring wins and ties pretty well. 3 points for a win. 1 point for a tie. Winning is the name of the game. Ties give you a little something, but too many and you drop to the middle of the standings. I'd love to see the NHL keep OT (I'm open to either side of whether to award a point for an OT loss, didn't figure OT loss points into the below figures though they wouldn't have changed the relative standings), ditch the shoot out and go to the 3-1-0 system. It probably won't ever happen, but here are the Olympic break standings if the NHL used that system.

Atlantic

Boston - 112
    Montreal - 93
    Tampa Bay - 90
    Toronto - 82
    Detroit - 78
    Ottawa - 78
    Florida - 57
    Buffalo - 37

Metropolitan

Pittsburgh - 113
    NY Rangers - 90
    Philadelphia - 89
    Columbus - 80
    New Jersey - 80
    Carolina - 79
    Washington - 72
    NY Islanders - 58

Central

Colorado - 108
    St. Louis - 106
    Chicago - 103
    Minnesota - 85
    Nashville - 80
    Dallas - 79
    Winnipeg - 79

Pacific

Anaheim - 123
    San Jose - 98
    Los Angeles - 85
    Vancouver - 79
    Phoenix - 77
    Calgary - 61
    Edmonton - 58

There's a number of teams in the East that are being buoyed by OT and shootout points - Toronto, Detroit and Washington. Interestingly, the difference between the two supposed heavyweights in the Central and Colorado is due to garbage points. The Avalanche actually win more games. And Anaheim's class becomes even more apparent.
    Last edited by M2; 02-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

13. Likes:

Fil3232 (02-09-2014), Joseph (02-10-2014), Revering4Blue (02-09-2014)

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

I prefer the 3-2-1 system. I don't like OT wins being equal to a regulation win since OT is 4 on 4. Gives little motivation to teams to win in regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    All right, I'm a soccer fan and, IMO, that sport has figured out scoring wins and ties pretty well. 3 points for a win. 1 point for a tie. Winning is the name of the game. Ties give you a little something, but too many and you drop to the middle of the standings. I'd love to see the NHL keep OT (I'm open to either side of whether to award a point for an OT loss, didn't figure OT loss points into the below figures though they wouldn't have changed the relative standings), ditch the shoot out and go to the 3-1-0 system. It probably won't ever happen, but here are the Olympic break standings if the NHL used that system.

Atlantic

Boston - 112
    Montreal - 93
    Tampa Bay - 90
    Toronto - 82
    Detroit - 78
    Ottawa - 78
    Florida - 57
    Buffalo - 37

Metropolitan

Pittsburgh - 113
    NY Rangers - 90
    Philadelphia - 89
    Columbus - 80
    New Jersey - 80
    Carolina - 79
    Washington - 72
    NY Islanders - 58

Central

Colorado - 108
    St. Louis - 106
    Chicago - 103
    Minnesota - 85
    Nashville - 80
    Dallas - 79
    Winnipeg - 79

Pacific

Anaheim - 123
    San Jose - 98
    Los Angeles - 85
    Vancouver - 79
    Phoenix - 77
    Calgary - 61
    Edmonton - 58

There's a number of teams in the East that are being buoyed by OT and shootout points - Toronto, Detroit and Washington. Interestingly, the difference between the two supposed heavyweights in the Central and Colorado is due to garbage points. The Avalanche actually win more games. And Anaheim's class becomes even more apparent.
    Something has got to be changed. I can't stand shootouts in soccer or hockey.

I would award 3 for a win, 1 for a tie and nothing for a loss, and change the sudden death OT to ten minutes in hockey and twenty-five minutes in soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This is more of an Olympic Hockey blurb, but Canada looks really dominant to me. They have Sharp this time that they didn't have last time. Can't see them losing a game.
    Sweden goes down next to complete the sweep.

3 Blackhawks will get gold, 3 will get silver.

Not bad for that squad at all when 25% of your roster do that well. I'd wager no other team can boast that.

Congrats to team Canada and team Sweden. Amazing run by both.

19. Likes:

Chip R (02-23-2014)

Total domination by Canada.

They never trailed once the entire tournament.

No other team ever had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Total domination by Canada.

They never trailed once the entire tournament.

No other team ever had a chance.
    They play a serious puck possession game.

Interesting game between the Rangers and Blackhawks tonight. Obviously, as a Rangers fan, I'm happy with the outcome. I thought the Rangers got the better of the play in general, created better chances, looked to be the faster team.

Yet a few things about Chicago really impressed me: they worked crazy hard, they took a lot of shots (even if they were low percentage shots), they almost stole a point at the end, Crawford was close to his 2013 playoff form, and Hjalmarsson made an outrageous number of defensive plays. Seriously, Hjalmarsson must have derailed close to dozen goal scoring opportunities, awesome game from him. That's going to be one tough team to beat come the playoffs.

23. Likes:

Joseph (02-28-2014), Kingspoint (02-28-2014)

Turn Off Ads?