Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Interesting game between the Rangers and Blackhawks tonight. Obviously, as a Rangers fan, I'm happy with the outcome. I thought the Rangers got the better of the play in general, created better chances, looked to be the faster team.

Yet a few things about Chicago really impressed me: they worked crazy hard, they took a lot of shots (even if they were low percentage shots), they almost stole a point at the end, Crawford was close to his 2013 playoff form, and Hjalmarsson made an outrageous number of defensive plays. Seriously, Hjalmarsson must have derailed close to dozen goal scoring opportunities, awesome game from him. That's going to be one tough team to beat come the playoffs.
    Ya they looked a little "out of synch" in that game offensively... how many times did they make 3 consecutive passes? I think led to few rush chances and more perimeter kind of stuff. We still need to find a real centreman to play with Kane. That line just gets killed in the possession game night in and night out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Ya they looked a little "out of synch" in that game offensively... how many times did they make 3 consecutive passes? I think led to few rush chances and more perimeter kind of stuff. We still need to find a real centreman to play with Kane. That line just gets killed in the possession game night in and night out.
    I'm going to take a little credit for the Rangers on the Hawks looking out of synch. I think New York's speed really affected them. Chicago just didn't get a lot of space to operate and the Rangers' transition kept the Hawks' defense pinned back.

It will be interesting to see if there's a quality centerman available in the next week. I happen to like Sam Gagner's game, though I can see where a team like Chicago might want a little more defensive grit than he offers. Matt Stajan? Steve Ott? Cody Eakin? Dave Legwand? Collin Wilson? Frans Nielsen? Travis Zajac? Olli Jokinen?

I'd probably say one of the two Preds on that list would make the most sense, but it might be tough for the Hawks to swing a deal with a division rival. Otherwise maybe try to get the Devils to punt in a deal for Zajac.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Ryan Miller traded to St. Louis for Halak.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ryan Miller traded to St. Louis for Halak.
    Steve Ott also going to the Blues. Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a 2015 1st rounder and a 2016 3rd rounder go to Buffalo.

I'm going to take a little credit for the Rangers on the Hawks looking out of synch. I think New York's speed really affected them. Chicago just didn't get a lot of space to operate and the Rangers' transition kept the Hawks' defense pinned back.

It will be interesting to see if there's a quality centerman available in the next week. I happen to like Sam Gagner's game, though I can see where a team like Chicago might want a little more defensive grit than he offers. Matt Stajan? Steve Ott? Cody Eakin? Dave Legwand? Collin Wilson? Frans Nielsen? Travis Zajac? Olli Jokinen?

I'd probably say one of the two Preds on that list would make the most sense, but it might be tough for the Hawks to swing a deal with a division rival. Otherwise maybe try to get the Devils to punt in a deal for Zajac.
    Sorry certainly didn't mean to discredit NY if it came that way. The Rangers are a very solid team up and down and played the Hawks very tough last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Sorry certainly didn't mean to discredit NY if it came that way. The Rangers are a very solid team up and down and played the Hawks very tough last night.
    You were fine. It's just that as a Rangers fan, I've learned to take credit for the team whenever possible because you never know when the next chance is going to arise.

Well I was at the game last night between the Hawks and Pens and I can honestly say in totality it was my least favorite hockey experience ever.

Soldier field is very difficult to get into. We stayed at a hotel that was less than a mile from the place, but as it was pouring snow and we knew we'd be sitting outside all night we elected to take a cab. We left an hour before the game. I sat down in my seat just as the anthem was being sung. So technically I didn't miss any of the game, but I missed the pregame festivities.

Sitting in section 350, with the heavy snow, I could barely see and we were freezing to boot. Not that we didn't expect it to be cold.

First intermission, naturally bathroom time. By the time I got from my seat to a urinal and back, missed the whole intermission. By the time my wife made it back, she missed 11 minutes of the second period.

We watched another 3 or 4 minutes once she got back and I think we'd both had enough, so we took off.

After all was said and done, taxis aren't allowed near Soldier field so we had to walk blocks to catch one back to the hotel.

I think the whole night was painted by the fact that this Titan storm was coming through and we were basically both nervous about getting caught in it so we'd decided rather than staying the night we'd drive the 5 hours back home to Louisville that night.

So the truly bad part of the night came next. We made it about an hour south of Chicago to Merrillville, IN. Mile marker 241 to be precise. The wife was driving and went to change lanes to get around a slow moving car. Roads weren't clear, but there was ample asphalt to be seen. Well we must have caught a patch of ice or just passed through a bit of snow because we went left, right, back left and into the safety wires down the middle of the median. Thank God we didn't hit anyone else or cause a major blockage of the interstate, but my car is toast.

I think the game would have been bearable were it not for the night spent in Merrillville. The 120 rental car for a single night. The tow truck company that won't bring my car here.

All told though, we are safe and sound and back home, hoping to avoid the ice. Glad the Hawks won, even if I didn't really get to enjoy it.

Go Hawks.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I think the Blues have forgotten that the object of the game is to score.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I think the Blues have forgotten that the object of the game is to score.
    When I posted that, they were down 2-0 and hadn't scored in...too darn long. Now they're up 3-2. This has been a heck of a third period.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Major trade: Rangers move Ryan Callahan, a 2014 2nd round pick and a 2015 1st round pick to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis. Holy schnikes.

Major trade: Rangers move Ryan Callahan, a 2014 2nd round pick and a 2015 1st round pick to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis. Holy schnikes.
    Tampa Bay was obviously told to trade him as he wouldn't resign. The Lightning were set up for a Stanley Cup run. You don't trade your Captain when you're in that position unless you have no choice.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Hawks lost 4-2 to Colorado with Crawford adjusting to new pads, as his equipment was stolen from Soldier Field.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-05-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I think a great deal for NY. Guys like Callahan aren't going to age well... a long term contract with him would have been a disaster.

Upgrading for 2 playoff runs with St. Louis is well worth the price they paid IMO.

No words to describe how terribly run my Islanders are.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

MikeThierry (03-05-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No words to describe how terribly run my Islanders are.
    abysmal?

Turn Off Ads?