Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Seabrook pinching with 30 seconds left in a tie game was really dumb.
    Ya, probably.

But he also pinched in game 7 vs. Detroit, so I'm going to give him a pass on this one. Plus if Toews' stick doesn't break, Seabrook probably scores.

Just playing devil's advocate, but I agree, in a regular season game of importance being so close to OT, wasn't the time to go 'all out' for a goal. A case where playing with too much confidence comes back to bite them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He didn't score in Game 7 because he pinched, he scored because Bolland laid somebody out at center ice. He scored in Game 4 in Boston because he pinched.

The Hawks always encourage their dmen to pinch and sometimes that will happen, but you have to know the situation better than that. Take your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I hope the Hawks vs. Blues games are like this the whole season. I feel that rivalry is going to heat back up. If you didn't check out the NHL Rivals show before the pre-game last night, I would highly recommend viewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He didn't score in Game 7 because he pinched, he scored because Bolland laid somebody out at center ice. He scored in Game 4 in Boston because he pinched.

You can "pinch" in a number of ways. Seabrook jumped from his normal position because the puck was freely available at centre ice. If Kronwall didn't defend that puck so badly, and the play went back the other way quickly, Hawks probably would have been outnumbered. Anytime as a defensemen you leave your position you are gambling that a giveaway might lead to just as good a chance on the opposite end.

In game 4, shot was from the point, didn't really need to leave his position. Just stepped into one and it happened to go in. There was much more risk involved with the play in game 7. That goal was absolutely scored because he picked his spot at the right time.

The Hawks always encourage their dmen to pinch and sometimes that will happen, but you have to know the situation better than that. Take your point.
    Agreed. As I previously stated, 30 seconds left in a regular season game against a division rival, is not a good cost/benefit decision. If that is OT or a playoff game I hold no issue with it. Seabrook has been doing that more lately because it's been working, and hopefully he learned a lesson on that one to choose his timing better.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I hope the Hawks vs. Blues games are like this the whole season. I feel that rivalry is going to heat back up. If you didn't check out the NHL Rivals show before the pre-game last night, I would highly recommend viewing it.
    This is probably the season we finally play each other in the post lockout era playoffs. Just a feeling. If so, would be a great match-up of two very good, but very different types of teams.

Will be interesting to see whether between Schwatz and Tarasenko they can pick up that extra dimension they lack from being able to generate offense despite the defensive system. That's always seemed to be the issue with the Blues, that when push comes to shove they are too easy to defend against when down a goal or two. Some pieces are certainly in place to change that.

7. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-10-2013)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Hey OldRightHander, how are you liking that Morrow, Roy, Stewart line? I didn't know what to expect from them but they have been playing awesome thus far in my opinion.
    Definitely solid so far. We all knew that Morrow is a solid player and what we saw from Stewart last year was promising, but I didn't know what to expect from them together. I'm pleased so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

9. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    This is probably the season we finally play each other in the post lockout era playoffs. Just a feeling. If so, would be a great match-up of two very good, but very different types of teams.

Will be interesting to see whether between Schwatz and Tarasenko they can pick up that extra dimension they lack from being able to generate offense despite the defensive system. That's always seemed to be the issue with the Blues, that when push comes to shove they are too easy to defend against when down a goal or two. Some pieces are certainly in place to change that.
    That is a fair criticism about the Hitchcock system. That said, with a full year of Leopold and Bouwmeester along with both Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk maturing, I think the Blues will get more scoring opportunities with an active defense they have. Pietrangelo already looks like he's taking that next step in being a play making defensive player. He already has 5 assists in the young season.

Avs improve to 4-0 with shutout of Bruins in Boston.

Patrick Roy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Avs improve to 4-0 with shutout of Bruins in Boston.

Patrick Roy!!!
    Wow, that's an impressive win. Is there anything about his system that is remarkably different than what they've been doing or is it just a new culture?

Well, we have another 4-0 team now.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

14. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-12-2013)

Great weekend in Chicago. Two Hawks wins in a back to back with the Isles and the Sabres yet we are still looking up at the Blues and Avs. Promises to be a division a lot like the NL Central with the top half pretty talented and heavy. By seasons end a few points could separate all 3.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Blues vs Sharks. Sign me up.

17. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Blues vs Sharks. Sign me up.
    It's going to be a fun game to watch. My remote is going to get a workout tonight with the baseball game going at the same time.

1-1 after one. Gonna be another good one it looks like.

Heck of a game no matter how the shoutout ends up.

Turn Off Ads?