Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He's just so vastly overrated and he's never going to get better. Two goals tonight, which is nice, but he makes huge bank and most nights he's not a difference maker.
    Watched him for years in Columbus. He just seems lazy. That's hard to hide in hockey.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hope he's awful tonight.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

This is more of an Olympic Hockey blurb, but Canada looks really dominant to me. They have Sharp this time that they didn't have last time. Can't see them losing a game.

On another Olympic Hockey note...the U.S. Women's Team looks like a Miss America contest. Nice combination of looks and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hope he's awful tonight.
    He was, but the Rangers won anyway.

Somebody will have to explain to me how Nash just made Team Canada over Claude Giroux and Milan Lucic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Somebody will have to explain to me how Nash just made Team Canada over Claude Giroux and Milan Lucic.
    I agree. I was surprised he was there too. From what I hear there are some folks not too happy with some of the TC selections more than just regular grumbling.

Apparently they were in love with the way he played on Toews' line 4 years ago.

They clearly haven't watched much tape since then, he just isn't the same physical prescence he once was.

Jackets on fire. 3 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This is more of an Olympic Hockey blurb, but Canada looks really dominant to me. They have Sharp this time that they didn't have last time. Can't see them losing a game.

On another Olympic Hockey note...the U.S. Women's Team looks like a Miss America contest. Nice combination of looks and skill.
    I agree that they're really really good and should be are the favorites going into the tournament. That said, I think people are underestimating the US team. Sure there are controversies like not adding Ryan to the roster but I sort of like what the US is doing. They have a lot of forwards that are good enough to put the puck in the net but also responsible on the defensive side of things. Forwards like Backes, Oshie, and Brown give highly skilled players a heck of a time coming into the defensive zone and I don't think they will give the highly skilled players that much space to move into open ice. The only thing I think the US is weaker than some teams is defense but even the defense will be good enough if the defensive forwards we have do what they're supposed to be doing.

Crawford winless in his last seven games.

What is that now for the Hawks? One win out of about a dozen or so games that have gone to overtime? I know that's not the exact stat, but it's something ridiculously bad like that.

The Hawks can't figure out how to win tied games once regulation ends. Could maybe use a rejuvenation from Hossa, but it's much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Hawks can't figure out how to win tied games once regulation ends. Could maybe use a rejuvenation from Hossa, but it's much more than that.
    It's not really a matter of "figuring things out". OT and shootouts are so random... we are evaluating 5 minute intervals of hockey, and 10 or so games... ie. not even a full 60 minutes of hockey.

Hawks are actually a great 4 on 4 team with their speed, and normally a good shootout team, but with Kane in a funk for some reason has turned them around.

Being so far up in a playoff spot the OT points don't really matter. Those losses aren't indicitive of their general level of play. It's just not something to get too concerned about IMO.

Who you got as Captain of team Canada? Crosby or Captain Serious Jonny Toews?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Who you got as Captain of team Canada? Crosby or Captain Serious Jonny Toews?
    I think it almost has to be Crosby.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Blues and Kings laying some hits tonight. Entertaining game so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think it almost has to be Crosby.
    Your vote doesn't count, you hate Toews.

Kidding.

Obviously I have Hawk colored glasses on, but I think it SHOULD be Toews. I think it WILL be Crosby though. A guy like Toews is why the league has Captains. Crosby is an amazing talent [even if he does have his ass kissed by the league and NBC sports constantly] but I don't think his leadership skills match some of the other captains in the league like Toews.

16. Likes:

M2 (01-20-2014),Patrick Bateman (01-18-2014)

I should insult Rangers players more often. Nash has been on fire since I slagged him two weeks ago. New York's on a roll too. Me likey.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?