57 35.85%
  • Reds

102 64.15%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

Reds. Cueto becomes legend.

2. Likes:

dougdirt (09-29-2013), Falls City Beer (09-29-2013), Larkin Fan (09-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Reds. They have to be about due.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I will ask this as nicely as possible.... if you voted for the Pirates, why even show up here?
    Doug, I respect your opinion on scouting matters, but you are way off on this one, as others have pointed out. I flew back from Montana, specifically to catch a ballgame this year. I have rooted for this team since I went to a game at Crosley Field in 1969. I simply think they are playing like crap right now.

I often read the "hot" team going into the playoffs will win it all. If that is even remotely accurate, the Reds have no chance. I attended games in '75 (loss) and '76 (win), but watched from afar in '90. I am old enough now to know that winning the WS is a truly remarkable and special event. The Reds pull it off this year, and I will be thrilled. AND surprised. I simply can't see it happening.

My heart says Reds but my head says Rats.

I went with my heart.

Pay attention to the open sky

7. Likes:

OC_Red (09-30-2013)

I hope the Reds win. I'll be rooting like heck for them. But I just don't think they will. Losing the last five games like they did left me wondering if they have just hit empty on the gas meter.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

By Tuesday I'll be convinced we're about to run all over the Pirates. Right now I'm still shellshocked from the last 5 games.

10. Likes:

1940757690 (09-30-2013), Norm Chortleton (09-29-2013), toledodan (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    My heart says Reds but my head says Rats.

I went with my heart.
    I went with my head.
    Although I voted that the Pirates will win, it still wouldn't shock me to see the Reds win the whole thing. I think they have the pitching to do it. I kept waiting all season for the Reds to put together that sustained run of excellent baseball, but they never really did. I hope October is when they finally do it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I want the Reds to win, there's no question about that, but I just sense that the Pirates are playing better and want it more. Really didn't like the way this team finished the season. Not what I want, but it is what I believe. Wish it wasn't. C'mon guys, prove me wrong please!
    My sentiments exactly, I have been REDS fan since the days of Jim Maloney, Lee May and Bobby Tolan; however i took off my rose-colored glasses 20+ years ago. After agonizing through this past weekend my gut tells me that the Reds are spent and the Pirates are the better team. I see no urgency or drive in the Reds players, the Pirates are in the same situation as the Reds and they came to win. Home field advantage was at stake this weekend, not to mention the Reds had a shot at a Division title after the first game vs. NY, but they rolled over... I hope up I am sooo wrong

Tough to beat a team four times in five days.

We've got this.

14. Likes:

1940757690 (09-30-2013)

Reds have now lost 5 in row 3 times this season. They never lost 6.

I'll take the Reds!

16. Likes:

1940757690 (09-30-2013)

Dusty is a mad, mad genious! There was a reason we got swept by the Pirates...very, very hard to beat the same team 4 games in a row!

Incredible foresight and thinking!

I really like Cueto starting the game. But, I just don't trust this offense against Liriano. I know they have done decent against him, but I think the Pirates win at home.

I think if this team can somehow get to a 7 game series and throw Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Arroyo, Cueto, Latos, Bailey they will win the World Series. Tough part is getting there.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 09-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The poll is public so I know who to not invite to my World Series victory after party. I've already booked Kool and the Gang to perform.
    Dress code: pants optional...

2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Strangely, I think our dropping 3 straight has increased our chances of winning the WC game. This team plays it's best when desperate and angry. Unfortunately Dusty has never figured out a way to make them a little desperate and angry game in and game out. The Pirates did us a favor.
    Last edited by smixsell; 09-29-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I will ask this as nicely as possible.... if you voted for the Pirates, why even show up here?
    Because if I had $50, I sure as heck wouldn't bet on the team that just got swept by their upcoming opponent.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?