• Pirates

57 35.85%
  • Reds

102 64.15%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday

"So Fla Red"

Re: Tuesday

Reds. Seems to fit the narrative for 2013. They pull out the play-in game when it looks like they've collectively packed it up for the offseason.

Expect the unexpected.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hopefully BOB came to the clubhouse telling the players how disappointed he is at watching sellouts losses and losing revenue hosting a playoff game at home..and they better show up with a whole different attitude!!

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Reds. Seems to fit the narrative for 2013. They pull out the play-in game when it looks like they've collectively packed it up for the offseason.

Expect the unexpected.
    I hope. the last 5 days have left me very doubtful though.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Reds. We're due.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Because if I had $50, I sure as heck wouldn't bet on the team that just got swept by their upcoming opponent.
    Like I said.... just lie about it to yourself and the rest of us. Don't lie to your bookie, but you can lie to us.

Reds fans, pick the Reds. There is nothing on the line to pick the Reds on a Reds message board. So just do it. /crazypersonrant

7. Likes:

Big Klu (09-30-2013), RadfordVA (09-30-2013), Roy Tucker (09-30-2013), westofyou (09-30-2013), WVRedsFan (09-30-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Like I said.... just lie about it to yourself and the rest of us. Don't lie to your bookie, but you can lie to us.

Reds fans, pick the Reds. There is nothing on the line to pick the Reds on a Reds message board. So just do it. /crazypersonrant
    By this logic, why show up on the minor league forum if you aren't going to predict every Reds prospect is a future superstar?

I mean, lie about it to yourself and the rest of us, right?
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I will ask this as nicely as possible.... if you voted for the Pirates, why even show up here?
    Reverse Jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    Reds have now lost 5 in row 3 times this season. They never lost 6.

I'll take the Reds!
    They also were never swept at home last year; they managed to do that in the post-season, at home.

As long as Dusty Baker is at the helm, I don't like the Reds chances in a best of 3 series, and especially not a 1-game playoff.

Pirates take this one easily.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    By this logic, why show up on the minor league forum if you aren't going to predict every Reds prospect is a future superstar?

I mean, lie about it to yourself and the rest of us, right?
    Isn't that exactly what Doug does?

Just kidding.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

12. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (09-30-2013)

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Reds - Johnny and Liriano duel like crazy, but a Frazier bomb and some (gasp!) timely bunting send the Redlegs to Stink Louis.
    No one expects the butterfly

14. Likes:

REDREAD (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I really like Cueto starting the game. But, I just don't trust this offense against Liriano. I know they have done decent against him, but I think the Pirates win at home.
    I feel the same way. Cueto may pitch a gem but like his start against Philly in 2010 in the playoffs, he'll probably have to be near perfect. He may lose 1-0 on a base hit, a sac bunt, a wild pitch and a sac fly. Meanwhile, the Reds would have the bases loaded with no outs and Dusty would have someone bunt into a triple play.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Will there be a screening of "The Fish That Ate Pittsburgh"?
    It is the Fish that SAVED Pittsburgh, unless you are implying that the fish is going to change its tack for this game, which I would approve.

I do not know who's going to win. I'm not worried about the pitching. I'm worried about the bats. I do know that I am nervous as hell and may have to give up sports no matter what happens.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Please. You can still be a fan and think things will not go well. If I were putting money on the game I'd go with Liriano at home. That being said I know it is still pretty close to 50/50.
    Objectively speaking, Cueto is rested, VERY rested. Is he too rested i.e. spring training rested? I don't know but it is a question that needs to be asked.

Liriano at home has a sub-2.00 ERA, that cannot be dismissed just because of which team the bucs are playing.

This game will be good, real good and 50/50 is the best way to describe the real chances of each team on Tuesday. Reds have post season experience but will that be enough? I do not know, but I would rather see the Reds win Tuesday for personal reasons.

I will ask this as nicely as possible.... if you voted for the Pirates, why even show up here?
    Because I am a Reds fan, and have been one for as long as I can remember. And as much as I hope I am wrong, and as depressed as I'll be if I'm right, I see a team that is in one of it's team-wide offensive slumps going on the road to face a pitcher who is lights out at home.

I desparately WANT the Reds to win, but unfortunately I don't think it's the most likely outcome.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Can we not waste time, postseason time no less, questioning other people's fandom? I think the hours, weeks of life that people spend on this board, the obvious critical thought they expend on this team, the emotional turmoil they allow themselves to go through in the name of a baseball team, makes the question of whether they are Reds fans pretty much moot.

Fans of the same team can have different opinions about it. It's not a my-way-or-the-highway type of thing. Some people think the Pirates look like the better team right now. Some people are worried about injuries. Some people are superstitious and afraid to jinx. There are dozens of reasons why a Reds fan might not think the Reds are going to win tomorrow. It doesn't mean he or she doesn't want them to win and it doesn't make him or her less than a fan. And he or she shouldn't have to justify "fandom" just because of a different opinion and shouldn't have to lie to his fellow fans, of all people, at a place that is supposed to be a repository of thought, an exchange of different opinions, and an outlet for worry. This is a really insulting and damaging line of thought.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-30-2013), Chip R (09-30-2013), LexRedsFan (09-30-2013), M2 (09-30-2013), RANDY IN INDY (09-30-2013), Revering4Blue (09-30-2013), ThatPitchIsDunn (09-30-2013), TSJ55 (09-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?