Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

I might root for the Sox, but the beards are too much. David Ross? Give me a break. Rooting for the Cardinals would be tough, but I think they'll win. Big. Baseball season ended when the Reds allowed an inferior team to eliminate them. As they did all season. Let's hope a new manager and a GM willing to make changes spark the Reds.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I might root for the Sox, but the beards are too much. David Ross? Give me a break. Rooting for the Cardinals would be tough, but I think they'll win. Big. Baseball season ended when the Reds allowed an inferior team to eliminate them. As they did all season. Let's hope a new manager and a GM willing to make changes spark the Reds.
    The beards are the worst. I want to give Saltalamacchia a perpetual bath. He looks like a stray dog.

So dumb.

5. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Enjoy it. My baseball season came to a close tonight.
    I will. I'm a Reds fan but I'm also a baseball fan.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-21-2013),SporkLover (10-20-2013),TSJ55 (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I will. I'm a Reds fan but I'm also a baseball fan.
    So am I. I've watched every postseason game this year. But watching a series with by faaaarrrrrr my 2 least-favorite teams is asking too much.

9. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-20-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    So am I. I've watched every postseason game this year. But watching a series with by faaaarrrrrr my 2 least-favorite teams is asking too much.
    Yep. Like, I'm a fan of food, for example, but that doesn't mean I'll eat a heaping plate of dog [excrement].

11. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (10-20-2013),Tom Servo (10-20-2013)

I've watched more of the playoffs than I expected to. I find them very interesting.

Having very good pitching isn't enough these days. So many teams have outstanding pitchers. It's the price of admission to the playoffs but to go deep you need more.

The Cards have a very deep lineup. Lots of offensive talent. They are doing this without Craig, after letting Pujols go.

The Reds Sox? Not such great talent perhaps but guys who perform well in big games. Very good choices of solid veterans. Victorino, Gomes, guys like that.

Walt hopefully will conclude that "pitching and defense" gets you through the regular season but in the playoffs, when everybody has good pitching, you need more than two or three hitters who can come through. He needs to focus on countering the OTHER guys' pitching and defense.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-20-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Scherzer got hosed by the home plate ump on the ball 4 call to Bogaerts. It was clearly a strike. Scherzer gets pulled, and the game falls apart for the Tigers. Too bad. I was hoping for a team I could root for. Not the Sox or Cards.
    I was watching that sequence thinking he threw about nothing but strikes.

If the Reds had that ump behind the plate for ATL in 1995, maybe they advance.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I might root for the Sox, but the beards are too much.
    The Sox look like the cast of Fiddler On The Roof.

The 2014 World Series: St. Louis Cardinals vs. Anatevka Red Sox
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Salukifan2

Setting aside personal biases I am happy that the best team in the AL is playing the best team from the NL in the WS.

Identical records 97-65, tied for best in the league.
    Both played in EXTREMELY competitive divisions.
    Both had the best run differentials in MLB, boston's being +197 and Card's being +187.
    Home and road records are almost identical.

Both are storied franchises, though it is a little, "Great, like I've never seen this before."

Now, including biases, I hate the Redsox. Ever since that piece of excrement movie Jimmy Fallon made came out everyone became a redsox fan and it was so nauseating. Listening to EVERY espn anchor refer to the Redsox as "The Nation" for years made me sick. I was at game 4 in 2004, I was 11 and was heartbroken, but I was ok losing to Boston because of the years of "suffering" (it is only baseball for god's sake) that their fans went through, but the following years of over coverage, the Manny BS, Paplebon's river dance etc. has irreversibly turned me against that franchise.

I understand that the feelings between the reds and cards aren't very good right now, but understand that if the reds were in the cards situation right now I would hope that Boston would hit another momentum switching HR like Fisk's in Game 6, just so the Redlegs could bish slap them back into submission in Game 7.

You guys don't need to like the cards or even root for them, all I hope for is a US, Soviet Union in WWII kind of relationship. We may not like each other, but Hitler is a doosh (Is it wrong of me to compare the Redsox to Hitler?).

Cheer for the team that plays baseball the right way, and I don't mean the Cardinal Way, organizationally pushing PEDs (im looking at you 757690), or some other stupid BS about the cardinals. The cardinals play the right way because the pitcher has to take his hacks like everyone else and that is how baseball is played.

Can we please, for one series, stand together as pillar franchises of the Senior Circuit and vanquish these bearded, unbathed, white man Jerry Curl styling fools!?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Can we please, for one series, stand together as pillar franchises of the Senior Circuit and vanquish these bearded, unbathed, white man Jerry Curl styling fools!?
    Sorry amigo, no can do. I'd rather drink anti-freeze than actively root for the Cardinals.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

19. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (10-20-2013),Red in Chicago (10-20-2013),Strikes Out Looking (10-20-2013),TSJ55 (10-20-2013)

I think you may have seriously offended Craig Breslow with that Hitler comparison. You might want to lay low for a while since that guy's got a horde of bearded giants at his disposal.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Nope.

22. Likes:

oneupper (10-20-2013),Red in Chicago (10-20-2013),TSJ55 (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    You guys don't need to like the cards or even root for them, all I hope for is a US, Soviet Union in WWII kind of relationship. We may not like each other, but Hitler is a doosh (Is it wrong of me to compare the Redsox to Hitler?).
    Yes it is. It is very wrong, but one shouldn't expect any more from one of The BFIB.
    Where we gonna go?

I used to be a Cardinals fan but after Cardinals GM Bob Howsam traded away my favorite player, Ken Boyer, following the 1965 season I became a Reds fan (Howsam soon followed me to the Reds). Unless Boyer is starting at third base when the Series opens I am not going to root for St. Louis.
    The Red Sox became my favorite AL team during the "Impossible Dream" season in 1967 and after I read Ted Williams's "My Turn At Bat" a couple of years later. Although the Reds were unquestionably my team I still liked a lot of players on the '75 Red Sox whom the Reds vanquished; I shared the heartbreak of the 1978 playoff loss with a law school roommate from New England, and I was happy when Boston finally defeated the Yankees and went on to win the Series in 2004.
    I hope Boston wins.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Salukifan2

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Yes it is. It is very wrong, but one shouldn't expect any more from one of The BFIB.
    Well since I'm the best fan in baseball I actually will decide if its ok, and I'll allow it .

I personally have never and will never root for an AL team in WS. Call me a purist, but I hate thqqe DH. Its not baseball. I think the best analogy for it in another major sport would be if every NBA team got to designate a free throw taker for one of their starters. Imagine if the Lakers got to let dereck Fischer shoot Shaq's freethrows. That would not be basketball.

Down with the AL!
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 10-20-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Turn Off Ads?