Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

ABTC = Anyone But The Cardinals

2. Likes:

oneupper (10-20-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Can we please, for one series, stand together as pillar franchises of the Senior Circuit and vanquish these bearded, unbathed, white man Jerry Curl styling fools!?
    Not in this lifetime. I'm sure the Jimmy Fallon flic was lame, but the Red Sox are my team in the AL, and if it can't be Reds in the WS, I'm glad it's the Sox.

The World Series is always bitter sweet. I love it, but it signifies the end of baseball and so basically the end of my sports for the year. I'll watch the NFL to pass the time, but I don't really care for it. NCAA basketball doesn't do it for me either, and if I had my way, the NBA wouldn't exist at all.

One series to go, and then come on Spring....
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I have a soft spot for the Sox, but not quite as much as I used to.

I've worked for both DEC and EMC so I have been up in the New England area a lot over the last 30 years. Been to probably 30-40 games at Fenway. Great place for ballgames and Red Sox fans are great fans and fun to be around. Hearing I'm from Cinci, I've had a lot of great discussions/bantering with them. When they won in 2004, a part of me felt a tiny bit of a Sox fan. But now that they've turned into a New England version of thbe Yankees (economically), my heart isn't so tender.

So I'll just watch the games and who I root for will emerge. I want to root for the NL but it is the Cardinals and I don't know where I can find it in my heart to have empathy for them.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 10-20-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Well, it doesn't happen a lot, but I think the best 2 teams are in the series. Identical records at 97-65. 2 teams that can hit and score.
    Only happened two times before since the addition of the wildcard.

I'm sure it happened a few times after the 4 division split but I'm not bored enough to look that up yet

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Unreal how bad Detroit's bullpen has been. I bet if Walt called them tonight he could get Cabrera, Fielder, PEDalta, Martinez and Jackson for Broxton and Chapman.
    Well, Walt can definitely get Peralta, as he is a free agent.

Just took my dog out, as we're heading into the backyard, I say to him, "Hey, World Series in 2 days, Wiley, the Cardinals are coming," saying whatever just to talk to him. And, wouldn't you know it, there's a cardinal in the backyard, flies away like a second after the words are out of my mouth, "See, Wiley, they're afraid of us."
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

9. Likes:

mdccclxix (10-21-2013), Revering4Blue (10-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Just took my dog out, as we're heading into the backyard, I say to him, "Hey, World Series in 2 days, Wiley, the Cardinals are coming," saying whatever just to talk to him. And, wouldn't you know it, there's a cardinal in the backyard, flies away like a second after the words are out of my mouth, "See, Wiley, they're afraid of us."
    Winter really is getting closer, isn't it. Hang in there one and all!

You ought to teach him to do his business when you mention the Cardinals.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

The one advantage to a Red Sox win would be it would highlight the job Valentine did with the team last year and maybe prevent any other team from hiring him.

13. Likes:

TSJ55 (10-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You ought to teach him to do his business when you mention the Cardinals.
    Good idea, but we have too much carpeting to risk playing games with that command, anyone have a puppy still in training?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I look forward to at least another week of MLB Network's John Hart pronouncing Molina's first name "Ya-dee-ay."

I see cardinals on our feeders while drinking my morning coffee or evening beer, i.e. early and late.

If there is a metaphor in there somewhere, I don't see it.

Pay attention to the open sky

Would it be in bad taste to see if this guy could do something about the Red Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I see cardinals on our feeders while drinking my morning coffee or evening beer, i.e. early and late.

If there is a metaphor in there somewhere, I don't see it.
    Not really, the timing of it was just kind of funny to me, and we don't see that many cardinals around here.

Man Pills

I'd rather eat turd slaw than watch this World Series.

Been a long time since there was an exciting World Series.

Turn Off Ads?