Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Playoffs Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    All this Cardinal drooling, and I have nothing to do with it. Let the record show, so the next time folks wanna get aggro with me for admiring the Cardinals offensive philosophy, drafting and development, they can simply Necro-search this thread.
    It is just like the Steelers issue in regards to the Bengals with me.

The Bengals have wanted to be like them....draft and develop like them......but never actually let real football people do it. Now Brown is letting his grip go and they are doing better.

My hope is the Reds are or can do it as well and as consistent...but the developmental part in regards to hitting is well behind the cardinals.

2. Likes:

Falls City Beer (10-03-2013),MikeThierry (10-04-2013),Revering4Blue (10-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I'm so conflicted!

I want the Pirates to get the stuffing knocked out of them... But..

It's the Cardinals! I always want them to lose.....

The Braves or Dodgers will have to do it for us.....but I do not like those teams too much either.
    i root for the Tigers beating the Braves in the WS pr the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    What can you say? Gotta tip your cap to the guy. Plays big in the spotlight.
    And yet:

"However, Beltrán's 2006 season will best be remembered for how it ended. With the bases loaded and 2 outs in Game 7 of the NLCS against the St. Louis Cardinals, Beltrán struck out looking against Adam Wainwright, ending the New York Mets season. The St. Louis Cardinals went on to win the World Series against the Detroit Tigers."

Wikipedia

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Horrible defensive mistake by Heyward in a game where his team is not likely going to have many scoring opps.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

looks like the cards had a big problem with pirate juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    And yet:

"However, Beltrán's 2006 season will best be remembered for how it ended. With the bases loaded and 2 outs in Game 7 of the NLCS against the St. Louis Cardinals, Beltrán struck out looking against Adam Wainwright, ending the New York Mets season. The St. Louis Cardinals went on to win the World Series against the Detroit Tigers."

Wikipedia
    Prolly ought to mention that postseason he played for Houston 2004? That he hit 8 HR....and didn't make the WS

I'm loving the way Kershaw and LA are owning the Braves...in Atlanta. Silencing what has to be the most annoying chant in baseball (the tomahawk) is a great thing.

I most dislike the Cards in the NL but, after them, I probably root least (putting it euphemistically) for the Braves given the history with the Nationals.

I mostly find my interest flagging with the Reds out again. But, forced to choose, I'd hope for a Dodgers/Red Sox series now. Way more interesting than, say, Cards/Tigers, which would bore me to tears.

And, that's a wrap. Dodgers 6-1 final with a 15th K for LA to end it. Amazing a pitcher as dominating as Kershaw had never won a postseason game before tonight.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 10-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-04-2013)

I'm hoping Dodgers/A's, for no particular reason.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

my gut feeling is BUD SELIG privately wants ONLY the Dodgers and Cardinals to meet for the NLCS and the Red Sox and Tigers in the AL.. He doesnt want to hand a Trophy to the Rays or the Pirates.. Wont make enough money for his empire

I'd love to see Pirates/Rays
    Go Gators!

I can't root for the Cards or Pirates. I doubt that I will watch much at all of this series. It's hard to root for the Dodgers too. I grew up hating them when they were the chief rivals of the Reds. Kinda hard to root for the Braves too for whatever reason. So I doubt I will watch much of the playoffs in the NL. Wait it out for the World Series.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Cards, Pirates, Braves and Dodgers?

Looks like I'm rooting for the AL this year.
    (or make it Tigers or Rays...don't care for the Red Sox or A's much either)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How does it feel, PIT?
    I had this exact same thought when I heard the game score last night. And then I did step back and take stock of the irony in my asking Pirates fans how it feels to lose
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Pirates up 3-0 in the 3rd. My desire to see the Pirates get beaten was satisfied yesterday. Now my never-ending desire to see the Cardinals lose has returned.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Pedro Alvarez coming up big for the Bucs. All that potential seems to be coming out of him now. Had considered him a detriment to Pittsburgh in the past, an all-or-nothng type. A lot more "all" now.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?