Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Good news for Bengal fans everywhere:
    Jones’ agent, Peter Schaffer, tells PFT that Jones was acquitted by a Hamilton County municipal court judge on one charge of misdemeanor assault stemming from an incident occurring outside a Cincinnati bar earlier this year.

Jones was accused of assaulting a woman who appeared to pour a drink on him. Surveillance video seemed to indicate that Jones retaliated by striking the woman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sault-charges/

Hell of a way to spend your off days but now he can focus fulltime on football.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I've been back and forth on Andy Dalton. I really thought he was going to develop better than he has. I remember watching him as a rookie and consistently thinking that he doesn't look like a rookie at all. And even now there are times when he looks like a guy who could be a good starting NFL QB. But I'm starting to lean in the direction of him basically being Matt Schaub. He's going to show flashes of being good, but it will be followed by a lot of poor play. I think he could be an effective QB for one of those teams that has few other holes that just needs a QB to be just ok. I doubt he's going to be any more than that, although he could very well prove me wrong.

Here's his stat line for his last 11 games:

220-359 (61%)
    2,242 yards (6.24 YPA)
    9 TD / 11 INT
    4 lost fumbles
    33 sacks

The sacks are telling to me. The O-line is not that bad. He's not getting hit as soon as he drops back like some guys (Eli, Rodgers last year). He seems to get very fidgety when the play breaks down, even a little. He freezes up and takes sacks when he could easily throw the ball away.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

5. Likes:

dougdirt (10-08-2013),RiverRat13 (10-09-2013),WMR (10-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    The sacks are telling to me. The O-line is not that bad. He's not getting hit as soon as he drops back like some guys (Eli, Rodgers last year). He seems to get very fidgety when the play breaks down, even a little. He freezes up and takes sacks when he could easily throw the ball away.
    I completely agree with that, and nearly two and a half years in, I'm skeptical that he's suddenly going to "learn" to feel the rush (i.e. pocket presence) when the play breaks down.

7. Likes:

WMR (10-13-2013)

Extend that to his last 14 games and it looks a lot different.

I also am not a huge fan of how Gruden is calling plays this year, although it made more sense to me against NE and they still only scored 13, so who knows?

I think fans are overestimating how good the WRs are outside of AJ Green also. I thought Sanu and Jones would develop and they really haven't.

I think I come across as an unabashed Dalton fan, but I know he has serious weaknesses, I just think he's a legit NFL starter and probably good enough for a deep playoff run with the team he has right now.

He missed AJ Green by like a foot in the end zone last year against Houston. It would have been the difference in the game more than likely, and I wonder if these conversations would be any different if he had one playoff win under his belt.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Extend that to his last 14 games and it looks a lot different.

I also am not a huge fan of how Gruden is calling plays this year, although it made more sense to me against NE and they still only scored 13, so who knows?

I think fans are overestimating how good the WRs are outside of AJ Green also. I thought Sanu and Jones would develop and they really haven't.

I think I come across as an unabashed Dalton fan, but I know he has serious weaknesses, I just think he's a legit NFL starter and probably good enough for a deep playoff run with the team he has right now.

He missed AJ Green by like a foot in the end zone last year against Houston. It would have been the difference in the game more than likely, and I wonder if these conversations would be any different if he had one playoff win under his belt.
    I think a big part of Dalton's problem with fans is how good he looked as a rookie. He showed serious promise, and there hasn't been noticeable improvement since then. I probably would have rated him 18-20 in his rookie year and now think he's probably 16-18. I agree that the other receivers aren't great, but right now he's not even using AJ Green well. That is a serious problem.

You're also right about Gruden's play calling. Dalton is throwing the ball too much, and there's not enough creativity

I honestly have no idea what to expect from the Bengals today. Nothing would surprise me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-13-2013)

Offense looks pretty good so far.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Offense looks pretty good so far.
    Hopefully the defense shows up soon.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I'll call that showing up.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Holy Gio

14 point swing there. Huge

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

That's a flag?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    That's a flag?
    Both on Burfict were weak. The first one on the QB he hit Gilberry, not Lewis. And on the second one A) I'm not sure what he's supposed to do and B) I'm not sure it was even a catch.

I wonder if Burfict is starting to get a reputation and the flags will start coming quicker on him.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 10-13-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Burfict getting singled out by the refs. Two personal fouls that weren't.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Second week in a row.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?