Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I almost think Dalton is the flipside of Carson Palmer. Palmer has all the talent in the world, but constantly makes poor decisions when faced with adversity. It seemed like whenever he was called on to make the game winning drive, he'd fall apart or throw an interception. Meanwhile, Andy Dalton can be ineffective at times, but can usually be good enough to get enough points on the board to win more than lose. Today was the first time he's thrown an interception in the red zone. That's saying something.

I'd say what I like about Dalton is that he's out there trying all the time, which to me has been a nice change from Palmer, who seemed to fold up his tent when things weren't going his way. So for now I appreciate him for what he is and don't harp on him for what he isn't.
    I wonder what the narrative on Carson Palmer would be if that Pittsburgh DT hadn't lunged at his knee in the playoffs in 2005 (same Stealers team that would go on to win the SB)?

I was at that game and the Bengals were going to kick Pittsburgh's ass that night. First play a long bomb to Chris Henry (a throw that Andy Dalton couldn't make in his wildest dreams) and boom, Carson is done. Felt like someone let the air out of the entire stadium.

Carson leads the Bengals to their first SB in franchise history and he's beloved in this city until the end of time.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-13-2013 at 03:27 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Palmer was never the same after that injury. Maybe they would have a couple championships by now.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-13-2013)

Hope the FG nightmare earlier doesn't come back to bite them.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Palmer was never the same after that injury. Maybe they would have a couple championships by now.
    Bengals defense was horrid back then. Would have loved to have seen that offense with this defense.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a typical bengals 4th quarter.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

So bad at playing with a lead. I love Marvin Lewis, but this is his biggest weakness, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    So bad at playing with a lead. I love Marvin Lewis, but this is his biggest weakness, IMO.
    What has Marvin done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What has Marvin done wrong?
    The same thing virtually every head coach does. He went super conservative with a lead. It isn't a Marvin problem, it is a NFL culture problem.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The same thing virtually every head coach does. He went super conservative with a lead. It isn't a Marvin problem, it is a NFL culture problem.
    I'm not seeing it. We've been pretty aggressive in the 2nd half. Obviously you go conservative inside of your 5 yard line, but other than that it's been special teams mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    No question. Usually play to level of competition under Marvin. Although, a made chip shot FG and we'd all feel a lot safer.
    -Walt Whitman

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This is one of those put the game away drives. Let's see what they do with it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Bengals defense was horrid back then. Would have loved to have seen that offense with this defense.
    They had a Patriots/Packers/Colts defense. It wasnt good, but it did what they needed them to. I also remember them being pretty good about creating turnovers at least.

No BJGE on 3rd and 1?
    -Walt Whitman

Total yardage is 411-230 and turnovers are even. How is this even a game?
    -Walt Whitman

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think I might have just broken my TV.

Turn Off Ads?