Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 2)

Not really. Up to this stage of the season the Bills overall offense is top 5 and no slouch. They were going to be a test for the Brown's D.

The Bills got 14 pts off of two unfortunate plays.... a PI call on Hayden that put the ball on the 1 yd line, and a rookie mistake by Mingo who didn't seal the corner, force the run inside, and allowed Spiller to get outside (54 yd TD run). It happens. They showed the defensive coach talking with Mingo afterwards on the sideline about what he did wrong. You learn from it.

You lost both starting QBs, and IMO that was the difference in this game (more so for the Bills). The Browns had Weeden, who has experience and stepped it up. While the Bills had to rely on an undrafted rookie making his first career start (Tuel).

I'm not afraid to admit that it could have been a different outcome if the Bills hadn't lost QB Manuel. I'm very impressed with this kid.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

While I'm sure there's plenty of pessimism heading into Sunday's game against the Patriots, I really think the Bengals have a good shot here. Like everyone else, I'm very concerned about the injuries in the secondary; however, the weather forecast (at least at this point) calls for a lot of rain and a generally crummy environment for a passing game. I don't think a little (or a lot of) rain can shut down Brady under normal circumstances, but he's dealing with an extremely green group of receivers. I have to think it will have an effect. The weather, coupled with the team's desire to return its focus on the running game, could bode well for the Bengals. I expect a big day from the law firm as well as Bernard. If the team can come out even or on top in the turnover department, I think they have a good chance of grabbing a victory this weekend. If they win this weekend, it will have to be in that classic AFC North style: a physical, grid it out win that's won at the line of scrimmage. Time will tell.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

This one Sunday against the Patriots won't even be close.

Bengals secondary is decimated. Patriots know it. Expect 5 WR/TE Spread until the Patriots are up by 4 TDs, then lots of clock killing and commercials.

I'm a Bengals fan but there is no way on Earth I am watching this one. Almost anything would be a better use of time and potential frustration.

The only thing worse than watching it on TV, would be to be down there among the drunkards and fair-weather Patriots fans.

Patriots 44
    Bengals 13
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Bengals need to keep it close and work the clock with ground and pound. Brady's no huddle needs to be off the field as much as possible. Wolfork is out and he is the heart and soul of the defense so we should be able to eat clock. Would love to see Dalton step up after a full week of fire. Should be close, I am calling Bengals 28-Pats 24.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think it depends on how the DLine plays. If they are able to get pressure the Bengals should win. A banged up secondary has a pretty quick fix, the DLine getting to the QB.

7. Likes:

wolfboy (10-04-2013)

Looks like Leon Hall may be back, which would be pretty huge.

Going to come down to whether they can hit Brady, if he stays upright they'll lose badly. They may lose anyway, but they have no chance if the defensive line doesn't play well.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

All these posts are just a rehash of everything that was said in Week 3.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Don't understand the play calling on offense so far. Why not give Andy some easy throws and AJ some easy catches to get them in a rhythm? Instead we run until we have to throw and go empty? I don't get it.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm liking these last few throws to the tight ends.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

After the first possession, Lap said the idea was to force the Pats to crowd the line of scrimmage. Didin't work on second possession, obviously, but working on this one so far.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 10-06-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: DAMNIT
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

That was one ugly INT.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

First int he's ever thrown in the redzone. Just a dumb decision....shoulda thrown it away.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    That was one ugly INT.
    Yep. No excuse for not throwing it away there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Frustrating to watch game after game where the Bengals are clearly the better team except for the most important position.

Defense is playing great.

Boy this offense looks terrible today, other than one drive which Dalton ended up giving away.

Defense is gonna be worn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?