Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urgency, or the lack thereof

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Urgency, or the lack thereof

From Lance McAllister:

Dusty said he and Price wanted to get Arroyo through 5th because bullpen taxed by Leake and Bailey short outings
    It is September, with expanded rosters, with a home game in the playoffs on the line, and they were concerned about the bullpen being taxed?

Yeah. I don't really know what else to say.

2. Likes:

DocRed (09-29-2013),Falcon7 (09-29-2013),joshua (09-29-2013),LexRedsFan (09-29-2013),Old school 1983 (09-29-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-29-2013),RedsfaninMT (09-30-2013),redsfanmia (09-29-2013),Roy Tucker (09-29-2013),Slyder (10-01-2013),SportsSnob (09-29-2013),texasdave (09-29-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (09-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Urgency, or the lack thereof

Classic Dusty anti-logic. That about sums it up IMO.

5. Likes:

Falcon7 (09-29-2013),LexRedsFan (09-29-2013)

It seems the season was a formality for them. They think they will just turn it on even more during the postseason...I guess?

OK, let us see how you plan to turn the light on all of a sudden.

Very important to have a fresh pen for fan appreciation day

9. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    From Lance McAllister:

It is September, with expanded rosters, with a home game in the playoffs on the line, and they were concerned about the bullpen being taxed?

Yeah. I don't really know what else to say.
    We were 2-12 w/ RISP and had 11 men LOB and you want to complain about this?

11. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    PIT scored 8 runs in the game. We go 5-12 w/ RISP and we still lose.

EMAW

Yep, all that ails this team is the manager, classic Bash Baker theory by the Baker Bashers
    Last time I checked Price was pitching coach and shared input

14. Likes:

KYRedsFan (09-29-2013),SunDeck (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It seems the season was a formality for them. They think they will just turn it on even more during the postseason...I guess?

OK, let us see how you plan to turn the light on all of a sudden.
    I feel like that's how the season has been handled. Like the playoffs were a foregone conclusion. I hope it works out that way.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    PIT scored 8 runs in the game. We go 5-12 w/ RISP and we still lose.
    We've scored 9 runs in the 5 games since we've last played Pittsburgh. I'm not really concerned about Dusty's misuse (allegedly) of the bullpen right now.

17. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Yep, all that ails this team is the manager, classic Bash Baker theory by the Baker Bashers
    I'm not so concerned with pitching decisions as I am the offense. Reds pitching has been some of the best in the league. The offense hasn't performed when it had needed to. Who's domain is that?

19. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I want to complain about this. Yes. Our offense didn't get the job done. But our manager didn't get his done either. Here is the difference, no one at all was actively trying to prevent Dusty Baker from making his choice. The Pirates pitching staff and defense were actively trying to stop the Reds offense from getting their job done.

Dusty going to the bullpen, with 2 games left in the season with expanded rosters, is a whole lot easier to decide to do than it is to just choose to get hits at will. THAT is why I am choosing to complain about this. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

21. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (09-29-2013),Homer Bailey (09-29-2013),kbrake (09-29-2013),LexRedsFan (09-29-2013),remdog (09-29-2013),Slyder (10-01-2013),The Operator (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    I don't know if you were speaking about me or not, but here is my exact quote:

they were concerned about the bullpen being taxed?
    They. Not Dusty. Not Price. They.

In fact, as far as I can tell, only one person even used the name Dusty aside from myself, who only used it to apply who said it.

Maybe I am crazy, but it also seems the only time I see you post is to call someone a Dusty basher. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention though.

All he meant was that Simon, the long man, was unavailable. That means using Reynolds or Christiani as the long man, which you don't want to do if the game means anything. Personally, I don't think the game meant much, so it really didn't matter either way.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    All he meant was that Simon, the long man, was unavailable. That means using Reynolds or Christiani as the long man, which you don't want to do if the game means anything. Personally, I don't think the game meant much, so it really didn't matter either way.
    It probably meant an extra $2M in ticket sales.

Why do you need a long man? LeCure, Chapman, Hoover, Marshall and any other reliever on the roster all get 1 inning and you finish out the game. This isn't May.

25. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-29-2013)

Turn Off Ads?