Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball America top prospects by League

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Baseball America top prospects by League

I listed my top 10 at the end of the season this way and mentioned that positions 8-10 could draw many candidates:

1) Stephenson
    2) Hamilton (boom or bust prospect)
    3) Lorenzen
    4) Winker
    5) Ervin
    6) Lively
    7) Y. Rodriguez
    8) Mejias-Brean
    9) Rogers
    10) Arias

I acknowledge the fact that Mejias-Brean and Rogers will not be in most top 10's other than mine. Rogers is a Lecure-type pitcher and even though Sam has outperformed most of the guys who were ahead of him on the prospect lists when he was at Rogers' stage of his development, Lecure was never the type of pitcher that was going to get ranked highly on the lists. Mejias-Brean also is not the type of player who will get a lot of attention on the lists, but in my opinion, he will make himself into a good major league player.

For now, I have Winker higher than Ervin, although I have said that we really don't know what we have with Ervin yet and won't until he goes through a full season and pitchers start working his weaknesses as a hitter. Ervin clearly has better raw tools than Winker. However, watching them both play on the same field, Winker was the better player, and considering he is two years younger, to me, that places him higher. Looking forward to seeing Ervin in 2014 to really get a fair look.
    Last edited by redsof72; 10-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Turn Off Ads?