Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2013-14

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Re: College Basketball 2013-14

Chane Behanon dismissed from Louisville. Two thoughts:

1. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at the end of the week, given its Pitino.

2. Coincidental timing given the Kentucky game and Rick's refusal to do the after game press conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Xavier is in first place in the Big East! I've been waiting a long time to say that.

4. Likes:

reds1869 (12-31-2013)

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Bucks win their Big 10 opener over Purdue. I only got to follow the game via the gamecast, both teams shot poorly on 3's, but the Bucks put together a couple key ones and made their free throws down the stretch. I figure Purdue is a middling team this year, so a good road win. But boy, their outside shooting is gonna give me fits.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Bucks win their Big 10 opener over Purdue. I only got to follow the game via the gamecast, both teams shot poorly on 3's, but the Bucks put together a couple key ones and made their free throws down the stretch. I figure Purdue is a middling team this year, so a good road win. But boy, their outside shooting is gonna give me fits.
    Crazy stat Ohio State missed the same amount of two pointers as they did three pointers.

RIP, Johnny Orr.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-10-2014)

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    Crazy stat Ohio State missed the same amount of two pointers as they did three pointers.
    I was following it on the yahoo internet app and its driving me nuts, everyone was chucking up 3s possession after possession. Missed 23 footer, missed 24 footer, missed 23 footer. I'm kinda glad I didn't have to watch that display. They're gonna have to start paying Union Dues as Masons.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Chane Behanon dismissed from Louisville. Two thoughts:

1. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at the end of the week, given its Pitino.

2. Coincidental timing given the Kentucky game and Rick's refusal to do the after game press conference.
    I think he's done for good this time. But nothing would surprise me much from that bunch in Louisville. I wonder if he would have been dismissed if he had a big game against Kentucky and UL had won? I doubt it myself.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

WMR (01-02-2014)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I think he's done for good this time. But nothing would surprise me much from that bunch in Louisville. I wonder if he would have been dismissed if he had a big game against Kentucky and UL had won? I doubt it myself.
    I read earlier he is going to get help from John Lucas...FWIW!!!

13. Likes:

dabvu2498 (01-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I read earlier he is going to get help from John Lucas...FWIW!!!
    I just saw that this morning. I'm glad he's getting help. I hope it helps him enough to be a responsible adult to where he can take care of himself and his children.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-03-2014)

The streak is over.

The University of Portland ended the nation's second longest streak for consecutive home losses to one team at 17. They defeated Gonzalez for the first time since 1996, thumping the Zags in a wire-to-wire victory, leading by double-digits most of the second half. I'm bummed I didn't go being only two blocks away, but I knew it was sold out. Could have found a ticket, but just got lazy.

The Citadel still holds the longest streak having lost to the Orangemen 20 straight times at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The streak is over.

The University of Portland ended the nation's second longest streak for consecutive home losses to one team at 17. They defeated Gonzalez for the first time since 1996, thumping the Zags in a wire-to-wire victory, leading by double-digits most of the second half. I'm bummed I didn't go being only two blocks away, but I knew it was sold out. Could have found a ticket, but just got lazy.

The Citadel still holds the longest streak having lost to the Orangemen 20 straight times at home.
    They defeated this guy?

Last edited by Revering4Blue; 01-10-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Xavier is in first place in the Big East!
    Still true. First Big East road game Sunday, and it's a HUGE one.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    They defeated this guy?

I hate the new upgrade on the Galaxy SIII. There is no option for turning off their fill-in, so any word it doesn't recognize, and there are thousands in sports discussion, it changes the word you type unless you tap the word after finishing typing it then tap again to get back to the end of the word before proceeding to add the space. Drives me nuts.

I don't think they could beat Gonzalez. He's way too fast.

And the Ducks lose to the Bears for the 12th straight time, while almost always having the better team. Don't know what it is with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    And the Ducks lose to the Bears for the 12th straight time, while almost always having the better team. Don't know what it is with these guys.
    Mike Montgomery is an underrated coach, IMO. I've often wondered what he could do at a school with a ton of resources, such as UCLA or Indiana.

Turn Off Ads?