Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2013-14

Re: College Basketball 2013-14

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I know. I just don't thrive on seeing my rivals lose. I like seeing the teams my close friends root for do well and I have a lot of close friends that root for those teams. .
    Far out. I'm just the opposite- I love seeing my friends' teams lose. Like I'm going to root for the Yankees. Not to mention there's usually a few bucks at stake. That's why I always say, I'm not a baseball fan, I'm a Red's fan. Big diff.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 03-23-2014 at 10:33 PM.

2. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-23-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Far out. I'm just the opposite- I love seeing my friends' teams lose. Like I'm going to root for the Yankees. Not to mention there's usually a few bucks at stake. That's why I always say, I'm not a baseball fan, I'm a Red's fan. Bid diff.
    Well if money is on the line clearly I want their teams to go down in flames. The $ pool I'm in with my friends I had Kentucky advancing so maybe that colored my lenses.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well if money is on the line clearly I want their teams to go down in flames. The $ pool I'm in with my friends I had Kentucky advancing so maybe that colored my lenses.
    Plus schadenfreude is a very intense desire. There, I've said it. Is that wrong?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Charles Barkley basically said that the NBA is crap now and a lot of it's due to freshmen being drafted. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker et al aren't ready to play with grown men. He brought up Kobe and LeBron, but said that they were very much the exception to the rule.

I agree.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Who had Dayton vs. Stanford in the next round???
    well I had new mexico winning it all, so now I find myself on the Stanford bandwagon

Actually, it will be at the Big LOSs right? High School State Championships at the Fieldhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Charles Barkley basically said that the NBA is crap now and a lot of it's due to freshmen being drafted. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker et al aren't ready to play with grown men. He brought up Kobe and LeBron, but said that they were very much the exception to the rule.

I agree.
    The amount of years guys go to school is irrelevant.

Also, Charles is playing the "things were better in my day" stuff that all old players do. We remember the great teams of the '80's, but there were just as many horrific teams back then. The Lakers constantly got to walk through a pathetic Western Conference in Magic's era. In 1984-85, the Lakers won the Pacific by 20 games. In 1985-86, they won it by 22 games and their five opponents in the division were a combined 80 games under .500. Does that sound vaguely familiar?

Charles also brought up 2 of the top 10 players of all time. He might have forgotten to mention Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal, Amar'e Stoudemire, Tracy McGrady, Tyson Chandler, Dwight Howard, and Al Jefferson.

In the immortal words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was".
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Actually, it will be at the Big LOSs right? High School State Championships at the Fieldhouse.
    Yes. It's at the big place.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Just another blowout win for the Vols...Break up the SEC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Charles Barkley basically said that the NBA is crap now and a lot of it's due to freshmen being drafted. .
    What was Charle's exact quote? Granted, the one and done rule needs to be changed if legally possible. But the NBA is not "crap now". Such a comment is inane no matter how big a fan of college ball you are. I find it hard to believe Barkley said that.

Wait, I've found it.

“I want these kids to stay in school longer because the NBA is worse than it’s ever been,” Barkley said. “It’s not good basketball. It’s frustrating for me to watch. These kids aren’t physically or emotionally ready to come and play against grown men.”

i like Charles, find him knowledgable and entertaining. But thats foolish. One (kids being drafted as freshman) has nothing to do with the other. (quality of play in the NBA). I guess folks can disagree on the latter but i think NBA play is definitly on the upswing. Granted you have to be a big time athlete to play NBA ball but thats just the point: Watching incredible athletes is fun.
    I wonder if Charles was taking about NBA play in general or inartfully expressing that watching kids who aren't ready to play is "worse than its ever been".

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The amount of years guys go to school is irrelevant.

Also, Charles is playing the "things were better in my day" stuff that all old players do. We remember the great teams of the '80's, but there were just as many horrific teams back then. The Lakers constantly got to walk through a pathetic Western Conference in Magic's era. In 1984-85, the Lakers won the Pacific by 20 games. In 1985-86, they won it by 22 games and their five opponents in the division were a combined 80 games under .500. Does that sound vaguely familiar?

Charles also brought up 2 of the top 10 players of all time. He might have forgotten to mention Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal, Amar'e Stoudemire, Tracy McGrady, Tyson Chandler, Dwight Howard, and Al Jefferson.

In the immortal words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was".
    He did mention K.G. He went on to say those guys were exceptions. But I was thinking the names you brought up there as Sir Charles was babbling on. I was also thinking of the countless 2,3, and 4 year players that didnt do squat in the NBA that were quite talented at the college level.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Just another blowout win for the Vols...Break up the SEC!
    LOL.......looking good man!

This would be interesting:

"@jerrymeyer247 Hearing from multiple sources that Shaka Smart to Marquette is after all very likely to happen and happen soon."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This would be interesting:

"@jerrymeyer247 Hearing from multiple sources that Shaka Smart to Marquette is after all very likely to happen and happen soon."
    Smart is, after all, a Wisconsin native, so this rumor may be true. OTOH, Marquette -- strong tradition and all -- isn't exactly the type of plum job that offers a chance at, given resources, a realistic chance of a Final Four trip and, or National Championship that, say, an Indiana, Florida or UK can offer. I'd follow the Mark Few, Brad Stevens blueprint until a job of such caliber opens. The Atlantic 10 is, at the very least, equal to this version of the Big East at this point.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?