Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2013-14

Re: College Basketball 2013-14

UConn's women's team is not bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Derrick Gordon is gay. Hopefully this is one of the last times that is newsworthy.

4. Likes:

WVRed (04-09-2014)

Frank Haith leaves Missouri for Tulsa. A couple of days after Cuonzo Martin bolts Rocky Top for California.

What is going on in the SEC?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Frank Haith leaves Missouri for Tulsa. A couple of days after Cuonzo Martin bolts Rocky Top for California.

What is going on in the SEC?
    Bruce Pearl has sent a shockwave of fear through the conference...either that or it's a horrible basketball conference.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Bruce Pearl has sent a shockwave of fear through the conference...either that or it's a horrible basketball conference.
    I'm starting to think I should apply for a job writing at home for ESPN. This is pretty sad:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ne-per-sources

While Missouri plays in the high-profile Big 12, Tulsa might be a more stable situation for Haith.
    I'd go with the latter, although I think both Cuonzo and Haith are leaving situations where if they had stayed an extra season they would have gotten canned. Outside of Kentucky and Florida, there really isn't much else to write home about in the SEC.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-18-2014)

Haith isn't a very good coach. He's getting out while the gettin' is good. Missouri may be like Tennessee,get lucky and find a good coach out there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

WMR (04-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The SEC outside of Kentucky and Florida has generally underachieved for the past few seasons, but that doesn't have anything to do with Haith running away to Tulsa or Cuonzo heading to the Pac-12. Those two are getting the hell out of Dodge before the posse shows up to hang em high.

Mizzou fans should be elated. Their team got worse every year that Haith was there. The Mizzou job is probably the 3rd-4th (Mizzou and Arky are pretty close) best job in the conference... they should be able to get someone pretty good.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm starting to think I should apply for a job writing at home for ESPN. This is pretty sad:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ne-per-sources

I'd go with the latter, although I think both Cuonzo and Haith are leaving situations where if they had stayed an extra season they would have gotten canned. Outside of Kentucky and Florida, there really isn't much else to write home about in the SEC.
    "More Stable" = He can keep the job even with his crappy coaching

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The SEC outside of Kentucky and Florida has generally underachieved for the past few seasons, but that doesn't have anything to do with Haith running away to Tulsa or Cuonzo heading to the Pac-12. Those two are getting the hell out of Dodge before the posse shows up to hang em high.

Mizzou fans should be elated. Their team got worse every year that Haith was there. The Mizzou job is probably the 3rd-4th (Mizzou and Arky are pretty close) best job in the conference... they should be able to get someone pretty good.
    I'd add Trent Johnson to that list as well. He bolted LSU for TCU a couple years ago even before TCU joined the Big 12.

I'd like to see Gregg Marshall take one of the jobs but I doubt it happens. Richard Pitino is in the mix for Rocky Top as well.

Beating Pitino and his mini me spawn every year would be entertaining...

16. Likes:

WVRed (04-18-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Tennessee's past season does mirror Kentucky's on a smaller scale. The Vols, by many, were supposed to be good. Yet they underachieved during the regular season. The natives got restless, for whatever reason, and burnt a few brides. Cuonzo ended up getting them to the SS, but the damage from the fan base was already done. IMO the Cal job is a lateral move or perhaps a step above. It doesn't really matter, I don't think he will be out there long. I see him going back to Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Tennessee's past season does mirror Kentucky's on a smaller scale. The Vols, by many, were supposed to be good. Yet they underachieved during the regular season. The natives got restless, for whatever reason, and burnt a few brides. Cuonzo ended up getting them to the SS, but the damage from the fan base was already done. IMO the Cal job is a lateral move or perhaps a step above. It doesn't really matter, I don't think he will be out there long. I see him going back to Purdue.
    If it is a lateral move, where would you rather live, Berkeley or Knoxville?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If it is a lateral move, where would you rather live, Berkeley or Knoxville?
    Different strokes for different folks. I could see some preferring the Smoky Mountains over northern California.

I'd look at the stresses of SEC vs Pac 12. Mike Montgomery did an ok job, but never really had the success he did at Stanford, and managed to last six years. The SEC is a weaker league outside of Kentucky and Florida, but expectations are somewhat unreasonable given the talent level in Knoxville, or Columbia for that matter.

The Big 10 Men's basketball tournament is moving to Washington D.C. in 2017.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/050614aab.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Big 10 Men's basketball tournament is moving to Washington D.C. in 2017.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/050614aab.html
    It will sell because of the corporate sponsers but I think the Big 10's making a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?