Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Optimistic Wild Card Game Outlook

Optimistic Wild Card Game Outlook

After this weekend, everyone including myself is thinking of worst case scenarios for tomorrow's Wild Card game. I'm looking for the optimistic people out there who can give some reasons why the Reds will BRING IT and bring home a win. Facts and predictions are welcome.

I'll start:

• Reds have lost 5 in a row 3 times this year (including the current streak), but have not lost 6 in a row
    • Cueto will dominate, requiring our offense to score only 3 runs for the win

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Optimistic Wild Card Game Outlook

There is actually more to be optimistic about than one thinks:
    1. Liriano's ERA is over 5 in September. By far his worst month of the season.
    2. Cueto's mastery at PNC and his very well rested arm.
    3. Pirates haven't beat Reds four straight since 1991.
    4. Reds postseason experience v. Pirates inexperience.

Quote Originally Posted by PutPeteIn View Post
    I'll give you one and two. Three.... While interesting, this just might be the version of the Pirates capable of doing so. Four..While the Redsa have post season experience, it's quite disappointing. Swept in 2010, and lost three straigh in 2012.

That being said I'm still the eternal optimist.... Tomorrow will be the Reds day.

I think the Reds bats will finally show up and Todd Frazier will have a big game (don't know why I think Frazier will, but i do for some reason). I think Cueto will pitch 5 strong giving up two earned runs. I think all the pressure is not switched back to the pirates so it will be enough for them to over think things and make some costly mistakes. Reds have been here and most certainly have stunk it up in the playoffs recently, but no way they do it three years IMO. I think they win 5-3 with Chapman coming in and putting the bow on the win.

Quote Originally Posted by PutPeteIn View Post
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the month of September stat, mainly because its playoff time. it is a whole new feeling and way you go about the game. I do think Cueto will be locked in and pitch a pretty good game. Number three is good to know but doesn't amount to much IMO. I give you number 4 because I do think that plays a factor. Pirates are now starting like we started out (all giddy with making the playoffs) and the pressure is much higher for them.

Turn Off Ads?