Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Wild Card Playoff Game Prediction Thread

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Re: 2013 Wild Card Playoff Game Prediction Thread

I went on record in the poll, so I'll stick to my guns here.

Frazier goes yard, bunting actually comes into play positively, and Johnny outduels Frankie.

4-1 Reds. We're comin for you Nelly - must be the honey.
    No one expects the butterfly

2. Turn Off Ads?

My sons have an away game at 7. So going to miss about the first hour. I predict they will be down 1 to 0 by time I get to start watching. Then Frazier hits a 3 run HR in 7th to put them up for good. Reds 3 to 1!. Cueto 7.2 innings 1 Run.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    No.
    I beg to differ. This is the 3rd time this team has made the playoffs. They should at least make the NLCS which they probably won't! Therefore, the season is a failure!

Reds win 4-3. Votto gets on base three times and Bruce has a pair of RBI. Scary 9th inning with Chapman a bit ineffective, but he pulls it out in the end. Last out is a Neil Walker fly ball to Bruce on the warning track.

I'm going to guess 5-4 Reds. Wild game that goes back and forth, probably a few errors.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The guy wearing the Pirates hat at my work finally took off that annoying hat.....he replaced it with a different Pirates hat.

"I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I wonder what controversial call the 6 umpires will miss. Last year it was the infield fly and last night it was the catch. Whatever it may be, I am worried it will not be in our favor.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    I beg to differ. This is the 3rd time this team has made the playoffs. They should at least make the NLCS which they probably won't! Therefore, the season is a failure!
    I don't get this line of thinking. You can't determine an entire season a failure by how the playoffs end, not in this case anyway. I could see that if the Reds went out and signed ALL the top free agents and made some trades, then entered the season as the HANDS DOWN favorite(Miami Heat style) then get swept in the first round. To me saying that because last year we went this far, now this year we have to go further, that line of thinking isn't the right way to look at it!!!

11. Likes:

RadfordVA (10-01-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    For sure. He was 1 of only 6 who had them getting past Pittsburg. Hopefully the Reds make the rest of them eat some feet!!!

Why not.

Reds score 2 in the first to set the tone.

Cueto knocks McCutchen down causing a warning to be issued to both benches. Hurdle gets mad but that is about it.

The Reds take air out of the crowd early and the Pirates begin to press. The Reds tack on two unearned runs and win the game 4-0.

@Heather... he claims to be a Reds fan right? How many Reds fans have multiple Pirates hats?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattyHo4Life View Post
    @Heather... he claims to be a Reds fan right? How many Reds fans have multiple Pirates hats?
    He has hats for just about EVERY team in MLB. It's scary how many different hats I've seen him wear since I've been working here (7+ years)!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Ex-Tree

I predict that all of RedsZone will root for the winner of tonight's game vs. St. L in the next series.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

17. Likes:

Larry Schuler (10-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It literally can't be worse than the last two times we've made the playoffs.
    Oh god, what have you done....

Turn Off Ads?