Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The most important lineup decision of 2013...

The most important lineup decision of 2013...

is Leadoff/CF today.

Choo cannot make solid contact vs. Liriano (6-32; 1 BB, all singles in his career), it's a waste and a defensive risk to even play him until he can be matched up with a RHP. Only 9 players in the history of the game have faced Liriano more than 32 times - and each of them have found some measure of success except Choo and Brandon Inge. Choo has had his chance and he just can't figure him out. Inge can't figure out anyone really.

Chris Heisey in CF would be a MUCH better lineup. Chris is only 2-3 in his career vs. Liriano, but with a HR and a BB. I believe the laws of physics won't allow Choo's swing to meet a Liriano pitch with any authority.

You want a much better chance at winning today? Lead off Heisey - Bench Choo until the time is right.

Have I made my case to you fellow RedsZoners?
    Last edited by powersackers; 10-01-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: The most important lineup decision of 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Code:

PA AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS
    Shin-Soo Choo   32 31 6  0  0  0   2  1 10 .194 .219 .194 .412
    Joey Votto      12 10 2  0  0  0   0  2  2 .200 .333 .200 .533
    Jay Bruce       11 11 0  0  0  0   0  0  6 .000 .000 .000 .000
    yup -- no doubt about it -- need to bench Votto & Bruce too ---- /sarcasm

The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

4. Likes:

RadfordVA (10-01-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

The most important lineup decision was who would be in the 9 spot.

Other than that, I'd like to see Heisey in the lineup, but for Ludwick, not Choo.

You can't sit Choo for this game. He's been too big for the team this year and while he's not been good against Liriano or lefties, you can count on him to grind out his ABs and with some fortune, get on base a couple of times. Heck, he's been hitting lefties better of late, so...(fingers crossed).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

6. Likes:

joshua (10-01-2013),vaticanplum (10-01-2013)

Ahhh! Nothing quite like October baseball! This first step towards hanging a 2013 World Championship banner.

I can think of about 20 teams off the top of my head that wish they were here.

I'd put Choo in and have him way on top of the plate. Give me two HBPs ans I'm a happy camper.

9. Likes:

SirFelixCat (10-01-2013),smixsell (10-01-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

If you want to have any chance at signing Choo, you don't sit him here today. To me that's just saying "Hey thanks for getting us this far, but we don't need ya". Bad buisness if ya ask me!!!

11. Likes:

Always Red (10-01-2013),jimbo (10-01-2013),PuffyPig (10-01-2013),REDREAD (10-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    If you want to have any chance at signing Choo, you don't sit him here today. To me that's just saying "Hey thanks for getting us this far, but we don't need ya". Bad buisness if ya ask me!!!
    A. The concern right now has to be pursuing a championship---not pursuing a free agent...
    B. Choo resigning is a long-shot to put it mildly...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-playoff-game/
    The Reds are keeping tight-lipped about their wild card game roster until it has to be turned in Tuesday morning – only then, said both manager Dusty Baker and general manager Walt Jocketty, would the roster be announced.

Reds rookie outfielder Billy Hamilton was in Pittsburgh with the team on Tuesday and took batting practice, as did most of the rest of the team. Some of the Reds September call-ups, such as Neftali Soto and Henry Rodriguez, were not with the team in Pittsburgh.

In all, there were 16 position players with the Reds in Pittsburgh. - C. Trent Rosecrans

Sit Choo, the guy with second highest OBP vs lefties on team? Makes sense.

15. Likes:

ervinsm84 (10-01-2013),Homer Bailey (10-01-2013)

Some of the Reds September call-ups, such as Neftali Soto and Henry Rodriguez, were not with the team in Pittsburgh.
    Wait. How is Soto going to pinch hit if he's still in Cincinnati?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    is Leadoff/CF today. Chris Heisey in CF would be a MUCH better lineup. Chris is only 2-3 in his career vs. Liriano, but with a HR and a BB. I believe the laws of physics won't allow Choo's swing to meet a Liriano pitch with any authority.

You want a much better chance at winning today? Lead off Heisey - Bench Choo until the time is right.
    If Chris Heisey is leading off in CF, it will take every bit of willpower I have not to throw the remote through my TV. At the very least, I will change the channel and be done with baseball for the year.

18. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (10-01-2013),dubc47834 (10-01-2013),Falcon7 (10-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    If Chris Heisey is leading off in CF, it will take every bit of willpower I have not to throw the remote through my TV. At the very least, I will change the channel and be done with baseball for the year.
    Yeah, but wait until Dusty uses Ondrusek in the 8th.

Chris Heisey seems like a super nice guy.

That being said, if he is considered an answer to the offensive problems in a one game playoff situation, consider us screwed and going home.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-01-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    A. The concern right now has to be pursuing a championship---not pursuing a free agent...
    B. Choo resigning is a long-shot to put it mildly...
    You're right about what the focus should be. But if you think anyone other than Choo gives us a better chance at winning this game then you are crazy.

23. Likes:

RadfordVA (10-01-2013)

I seem to have convinced no one - I'm even being called crazy. Well get back to me after the 0-4 with a couple misjudged balls in Center.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?