Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The most important lineup decision of 2013...

Re: The most important lineup decision of 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Sit Choo, the guy with second highest OBP vs lefties on team? Makes sense.
    I'm not going to remotely advocate for benching him tonight, as I believe you still run out your most talented guys and sink or swim with them. That said, a .292 wOBA against LHP is pretty abysmal.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I seem to have convinced no one - I'm even being called crazy. Well get back to me after the 0-4 with a couple misjudged balls in Center.
    It's nice to see where your heart lies.

If this were a regular season game, this logic might work with me. But in an elimination game I want the best players on the field, even if the matchup isn't ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It's nice to see where your heart lies.
    Ya that sounds worse than I meant. I meant to challenge convention and still keep my heart in the right place.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I'm not going to remotely advocate for benching him tonight, as I believe you still run out your most talented guys and sink or swim with them. That said, a .292 wOBA against LHP is pretty abysmal.
    Plus a good part of the OBP comes from the HBPs, which I don't know if that's skill or a crazy fluke.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Abysmal wOBA or not, he's not getting 32 AB's vs FL tonight. He just needs be ok for (hopefully) 2 or 3.

Choo vs lefties tonight. .333/.500/1.333

Well that was one thing that worked tonight.

9. Likes:

powersackers (10-02-2013)

I never said he couldn't hit a lefty. Just the starting lefty.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?