Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1083

Thread: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

  1. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    60

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Keith Olberman just said it's the Reds and Pirates first postseason meeting since the 70s. Skimpin on your research there KO.
    I think it was also him who just said "Choo has been leading off for the reds for a couple weeks now"

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Member powersackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Mlb and TBS seem fair and balanced.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

  4. #108
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,878

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    These tbs guys hate the reds. The dude in the middle just said bham should be leading off instead of chip and Pedro Martinez by said votto thinks too much.

  5. #109
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Anyone else having their TBS picture freeze periodically bad/or sound stutter? Happened to me during the AL Game 163, too. Only happening on TBS.

  6. #110
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    I think the TBS commentators are behind a bit in their knowledge of the game and feel more comfortable praising players who were stars 5-7 years ago i.e. Byrd, Liriano, Morneau, Martin, etc.

    They also criticized Votto for not having more RBIs and Pedro Martinez said he'd "take advantage" of Votto's patient approach by throwing balls down the pipe to get ahead. I'm sure Votto would hate being given strikes!
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  7. #111
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    By my count, this is the Reds 26th playoff game in my lifetime. They are 13-12 overall.
    I hope that today will be the first time Iīll see a Cincinnati team advance in postseason play....

    I was to young 90.. I didnīt even know what baseball or american football is

  8. #112
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,224

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    These tbs guys hate the reds. The dude in the middle just said bham should be leading off instead of chip and Pedro Martinez by said votto thinks too much.
    That's the feeling I was getting too. I understand that the Pirates are a feel-good story...but come on...cover BOTH teams.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  9. #113
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    That's the feeling I was getting too. I understand that the Pirates are a feel-good story...but come on...cover BOTH teams.
    they will in the ws

    than the reds will be the comeback story and the feel good story

  10. #114
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,224

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I think the TBS commentators are behind a bit in their knowledge of the game and feel more comfortable praising players who were stars 5-7 years ago i.e. Byrd, Liriano, Morneau, Martin, etc.

    They also criticized Votto for not having more RBIs and Pedro Martinez said he'd "take advantage" of Votto's patient approach by throwing balls down the pipe to get ahead. I'm sure Votto would hate being given strikes!
    While I agree with you....to be fair, Pedro's strikes were not the same as other guys' strikes. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  11. #115
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,528

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Anyone else having their TBS picture freeze periodically bad/or sound stutter? Happened to me during the AL Game 163, too. Only happening on TBS.
    My picture has been fine tonight and last night too.

  12. #116
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,312

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Did Pedro just say long ding dong Johnson?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  13. Likes:

    powersackers (10-01-2013)

  14. #117
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,528

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Keith Olberman just said it's the Reds and Pirates first postseason meeting since the 70s. Skimpin on your research there KO.
    Kind of amazing they missed the 1990 NLCS which was a great playoff series.

  15. Likes:

    villain612 (10-01-2013)

  16. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    60

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I hope that today will be the first time Iīll see a Cincinnati team advance in postseason play....

    I was to young 90.. I didnīt even know what baseball or american football is
    '95 too?

  17. #119
    a Red in Yankeetown elfmanvt07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    339

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    I have my bourbon. I'm ready now.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

    I look like a banker in this...

  18. Likes:

    toledodan (10-01-2013), villain612 (10-01-2013), _Sir_Charles_ (10-01-2013)

  19. #120
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: NL WILD CARD 2013 October 1 Reds @ Pirates

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWilly View Post
    '95 too?
    Iīm born 87 so yes, I never saw a baseball or american football game at that time...

    Couldnīt stay awake from 2-5 am during the week


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25