Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rosenthal: Bryan Price to the Mariners?

Rosenthal: Bryan Price to the Mariners?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/c...y-votto-093013

Ken Rosenthal speculates that Price might be the frontrunner to the Mariners manager opening. Could you imagine him being there with King Felix? I wonder if Bronson would follow him too.
    Last edited by BungleBengals; 10-01-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Forgot more than one 'Price' in MLB
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rosenthal: Price to the Mariners?

When I saw this, I immediately thought "David Price is going to the Mariners? But he's still playing for the Rays!"
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    When I saw this, I immediately thought "David Price is going to the Mariners? But he's still playing for the Rays!"
    fixed. Sorry for the confusion.

5. Likes:

RedEye (10-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    fixed. Sorry for the confusion.
    No worries. I think it is more a "me" problem than a "you" problem. I just thought it was funny.

Re: Rosenthal: Bryan Price to the Mariners?

Don't forget, Price has history in Seattle
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I know now's not the time for this, but if only Dusty's contract was up this year rather than next. Not necessarily meant to be a knock on Dusty, but Price has been so good you can't afford to let him go.
    Just call me Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Don't forget, Price has history in Seattle
    Does he have family there? I would think that would be the biggest draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hamilton's Legs View Post
    I know now's not the time for this, but if only Dusty's contract was up this year rather than next. Not necessarily meant to be a knock on Dusty, but Price has been so good you can't afford to let him go.
    I'm not sure that matters too much.
    Let's say the Dusty plans to retire after 2014 and has told the Reds. Let's say Price really wants a manager job.. I would guess Price would be willing to wait 1 more year for the Reds' job. He'd certianly have a much greater chance of success than at Seattle. Although I am assuming Price likes it here.

Honestly, if Price leaves. I'm not worried. Walt will bring in another good pitching coach. I don't want Price to leave, but Walt is great at staffing the club...
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Yeah I was a little worried last year when Price was linked to the Marlins. IIRC, he turned down the job right before the fire sale. Smart move.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2013)

I love Bryan Price and think he might do well as a manager, but I don't get the sense that he's a slam dunk. Does he have any managerial experience? Is there any indication that being a good pitching coach makes a good manager? If he managed the Reds, how much less time would he spend with the pitchers and how would that affect the staff?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Is there any indication that being a good pitching coach makes a good manager?
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=12335
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?