Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Managerial Candidates

Re: Managerial Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Trying to "prove it," is like trying to prove the existence of a god. If you don't believe nothing I say will change that, but, since that's how I look at the game, my discussions are going to start there.
    My baseball god's first commandment:

"Yea verily shall they goeth..CF batting first to be followed by the SS."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Trying to "prove it," is like trying to prove the existence of a god. If you don't believe nothing I say will change that, but, since that's how I look at the game, my discussions are going to start there.
    Sorry but this represents a certain mind set that's a turnoff.
    Comparing a statistical analysis of baseball to the existence of God is a rather foolish (and perhaps insulting) analogy, and telling us that we will not listen to anything you say is calling us close minded.

4. Likes:

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Sorry but this represents a certain mind set that's a turnoff.
    Comparing a statistical analysis of baseball to the existence of God is a rather foolish (and perhaps insulting) analogy, and telling us that we will not listen to anything you say is calling us close minded.
    Nope. Not saying that at all. There are people who won't ever care about statistical analysis. And that's OK. They don't care what I have to say about it, and I don't care to try and convert them. Some people care about it a lot, and that's OK too. I'm not touching the analogy, other than to say as an atheist I find that analogy to be quite fitting. Some people will never be swayed one way or the other, and that's fine.

Nope. Not saying that at all. There are people who won't ever care about statistical analysis. And that's OK. They don't care what I have to say about it, and I don't care to try and convert them. Some people care about it a lot, and that's OK too. I'm not touching the analogy, other than to say as an atheist I find that analogy to be quite fitting. Some people will never be swayed one way or the other, and that's fine.
    Fair enough

7. Likes:

gilpdawg (10-10-2013)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

FOX Sports reports that the Mariners recently contacted Lou Pinella regarding their managerial opening, but the 70-year-old told them he wasn't interested.
    "I talked to them about the job, but that’s it," Pinella said. "There was nothing else to it. It was just conversation, nothing more." Pinella added that he's "happy doing what I’m doing, which is watching a little baseball, doing a little bit of television for the Yankees, 15 games or so a year. It keeps me involved a bit." Reds pitching coach Bryan Price, former Chicago White Sox bench coach Joey Cora, Athletics bench coach Chip Hale, Giants bench coach Ron Wotus and Phillies third base coach Pete Mackanin are on the Mariners' manager wish list.

Source: FOXSports.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7402/eric-wedge
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?