Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial Candidates

Re: Managerial Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    MLB will make the Reds interview an African American. They have a quota/policy and the firing of Baker and likely Ron Washington is going to cause them an issue.

That doesn't mean the eventual hire will be African American, but they will have to interview someone, likely Larkin. Morgan is a terrible choice. He may know the game, but he is not a people person. Did anyone else watch Sunday night Baseball? He's grumpy all the time unless he's reveling in the BRM.

I think that they hire Charly Sheen... heīs a big reds fan (the fan base loves him), he wouldnīt make it because of the money and he knows the winning formula from major league

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd be cool with Price or LaRussa, and Larkin as a bench coach. He could also be groomed as the manager-in-waiting if it's LaRussa on a short-term gig.

Riggleman brings fire but his results underwhelm me. Please no David Bell.
    Go BLUE!!!

Man Pills

Reading through these manager threads only confirms how little I care who manages the team, and how much work it's going to take to get an Allen Craig type in the middle of our lineup, some offense--any offense--from catcher and short, and yes, a replacement for Dudwick. Plus a couple of electric bullpen arms.

Heavier lifting than figuring out who gets to face he press after a game. This team without changes is headed in the wrong direction.

5. Likes:

BRM13 (10-04-2013), HokieRed (10-04-2013), reds44 (10-06-2013), Revering4Blue (10-05-2013), TSJ55 (10-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Reading through these manager threads only confirms how little I care who manages the team, and how much work it's going to take to get an Allen Craig type in the middle of our lineup, some offense--any offense--from catcher and short, and yes, a replacement for Dudwick. Plus a couple of electric bullpen arms.
    I agree with the most, but I canīt understand the hate Ludwick gets... he was hurt most season and was a slow starter last year aswell (but a big factor that the reds won the division)... 1,5 months after a 4 months injury and rehab situation is not a good sample what heīll do next year...

7. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-04-2013), Redeyecat (10-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I agree with the most, but I canīt understand the hate Ludwick gets... he was hurt most season and was a slow starter last year aswell (but a big factor that the reds won the division)... 1,5 months after a 4 months injury and rehab situation is not a good sample what heīll do next year...
    Nothing against the guy, I just didn't understand giving a contract to a 34y.o. corner OF who'd put together two decent seasons in his career.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/arti...ds-4620101.php

Too bad Melvin is so successful in Oakland, sounds like he'd be a perfect fit here with Price.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Pete Rose is available. I wonder where he would bat himself in the lineup?

11. Likes:

cinredsfan2000 (10-04-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Pete Rose is available. I wonder where he would bat himself in the lineup?
    Big Blind?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

13. Likes:

Raisor (10-05-2013)

Mike Scioscia might be available.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-77600687/
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

If you're Scioscia, wouldn't you just take the 5 year extremely well-paid by LAA vacation?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    We could trade managers.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    If you're Scioscia, wouldn't you just take the 5 year extremely well-paid by LAA vacation?
    Not if he doesn't want to retire. But coming to Cincy? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    We could trade managers.
    Gotta luv dem ex Dodgers.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

i wonder if Pinella would take it if asked?? hmmm or maybe they look at Bob Brenly, he is from Ohio and won a World Series..Girardi i think will be a Cub or Yankee Manager in my opinion. I wonder if Dusty ends up in Seattle..Cant see him a Nationals' Manager though

I probably won't like anyone they hire.

Unless it's Price.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?