Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial Candidates

Re: Managerial Candidates

While Dusty may drive me loopy at times, I think he deserves to come back for next year. The Reds have at least two future MLB managers in their system that they need to keep around- Bryan Price and Corky Miller. That being said Price may realize he is well suited to the role his in and choose the Leo Mazzone career path without the Oriole ending.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The no facial hair rule enforced by some clubs is by far the stupidest unwritten rule in baseball.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

4. Likes:

Raisor (10-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The no facial hair rule enforced by some clubs is by far the stupidest unwritten rule in baseball.
    Well either that or the unwritten rule that if you assault another player/ umpire in front of 20 tv cameras and up to 40000 other witnesses that you do not charged with a crime.

Price, if he's interested to follow his current honcho. So I'm more inclined to think Rolen. Oh, he's never managed, eh? (Seemed to work just fine for Metheny at StL).

7. Likes:

Always Red (10-04-2013), redsrolen (10-03-2013)

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Saying, "I don't think so" is not exactly Moot. What else is he going to say 30 minutes after the game?
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

9. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-03-2013)

Pinella/LaRussa/Brenly all have won the World Series... Girardi will prb be a Cub or Yankee Manager.. If the Cubs get Girardi, I bet they make a play for Cano!!

If the Cubs can go after Girardi I don't see why the Reds can't.

Hey, this is the 21st Century. Who says we have to settle for a human manager? I vote for a robot programmed with the wit and wisdom of Casey Stengel. Let's think outside the box, people.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

13. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (10-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Hey, this is the 21st Century. Who says we have to settle for a human manager? I vote for a robot programmed with the wit and wisdom of Casey Stengel. Let's think outside the box, people.
    what would it's name be ? Sandy Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

You guys want "emotion" and "energy" right?
    He definitely has both, but after several years of living in Chicago, listening to Ozzie Guillén interviews, I'll pass. He's near impossible to understand.

Bob Boone is available.

Pay attention to the open sky

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Mike Matheny worked for the Cardinals shortly after retiring as a player -- so I humbly submit:

Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-04-2013), redsrolen (10-03-2013), WVRedsFan (10-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I saw this quote too...chuckled a bit. Not what I would call a ringing endorsement. "he's under contract for one more year!" doesn't ooze with a great deal of satisfaction.

I have no idea. Would have to conduct the interviews before I could endorse anyone.

Joe Maddon and only Joe Maddon

Turn Off Ads?