Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Dusty out as manager

Re: Dusty out as manager

For anyone who is promoting Price, may I ask what makes you think he would be a good manager?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    For anyone who is promoting Price, may I ask what makes you think he would be a good manager?
    Arroyo's endorsement seems to have struck a chord with some.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    To me the excuse offered up for his firing was more his reluctance to fire Jacoby then race.
    Castellini denied a report that Baker was fired after Jocketty told him hitting coach Brook Jacoby was going to be fired. Baker reportedly said: "If you're going to fire someone, fire me." "That's somebody's imagination," Castellini said. "If he had that discussion with somebody, it wasn't me. That's No. 1. No. 2, that would never enter into a decision whether you would fire Dusty or not. That has never come up. We have never discussed Brook as far as next year or the year after. Those discussions come."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-Jacoby-report

Well, according to BOB, Baker is making stuff up.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Castellini denied a report that Baker was fired after Jocketty told him hitting coach Brook Jacoby was going to be fired. Baker reportedly said: "If you're going to fire someone, fire me." "That's somebody's imagination," Castellini said. "If he had that discussion with somebody, it wasn't me. That's No. 1. No. 2, that would never enter into a decision whether you would fire Dusty or not. "That has never come up. We have never discussed Brook as far as next year or the year after. Those discussions come."

Castellini said he never had that conversation with Baker. He never said it didn't happen.

Castellini denied a report that Baker was fired after Jocketty told him hitting coach Brook Jacoby was going to be fired. Baker reportedly said: "If you're going to fire someone, fire me." "That's somebody's imagination," Castellini said. "If he had that discussion with somebody, it wasn't me. That's No. 1. No. 2, that would never enter into a decision whether you would fire Dusty or not. That has never come up. We have never discussed Brook as far as next year or the year after. Those discussions come."

If what Cast says is true that's more proof to me that Walt was pretty much a sleep at the wheel. Everyone with any sense knew that Jacoby needed to go. Even Baker mentioned the pupils had stopped listening to the teacher in so many words. So if Jacoby's firing never coming up speaks volumes to me that Walt is somewhere snoring in an office. I find it hard to believe Walt never talked about possible changes for next year. Sounds like Cast is doing some spin.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 10-05-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

As far as Price goes sounds to me like he is level headed and a great communicator. He knows the Reds players well, and did spend several seasons being tutored by Baker and Melvin. I am not big on needing past managerial experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I have read the article, show me in the where he said he was fired because he was black, you can't, never happened. Like jimbo said, with all that it was time to go. People need to stop turning this into a race issue
    Uh, BAKER is the one who introduced race into the issue, not me or any of my fellow haters.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

9. Likes:

George Anderson (10-05-2013),paulrichjr (10-05-2013),Red in Chicago (10-05-2013)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Benihana (I think) floated the idea of Bailey for Jurickson Profar a while back. If the Reds could do that (and it's not outlandish to think they could), it would be awfully tempting. Dependent on other moves, that could be a sweet idea.

If the Rangers were willing to give up 6 more years of Jurickson Profar for one more year of Homer Bailey, I'd worry that something is seriously wrong with Profar. I think the Rangers can get a ton more
    Stick to your guns.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    As far as Price goes sounds to me like he is level headed and a great communicator. He knows the Reds players well, and did spend several seasons being tutored by Baker and Melvin. I am not big on needing past managerial experience.
    And Sweet Lou too

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Castellini said he never had that conversation with Baker. He never said it didn't happen.
    OK. I suppose it is possible that Jocketty was discussing the coaches with Baker, and Baker---being Baker---defended Jacoby's performance.

The point is, if Bob C. is to be believed, Jacoby didn't enter into the decision to fire Baker. But Baker spinned it like that was what happened.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Uh, BAKER is the one who introduced race into the issue, not me or any of my fellow haters.
    He brought it up as a reason it was maybe time to go, not a reason for being fired as you suppose. You find a quote where he says they fired him because he is black, then i will get mad...until then this is a non issue!!!

OK. I suppose it is possible that Jocketty was discussing the coaches with Baker, and Baker---being Baker---defended Jacoby's performance.

The point is, if Bob C. is to be believed, Jacoby didn't enter into the decision to fire Baker. But Baker spinned it like that was what happened.
    But my point is how does Jacoby not enter into the discussion? Doesn't that say a lot about the Front Office if you're not going to talk about changes going forward. I would have much rather Cast stuck with his first point that Baker was fired due to the lackluster performance. Not bringing up Jacoby at the end of the season makes me think we have a front office that is lackluster as well.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Have you even read the CBS article? The suppossed conversation happened with Walt not Bob. Take your blinders off man. I hope you like the next guy or it will be a long couple years for you man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Arroyo's endorsement seems to have struck a chord with some.
    Personally, I liked his reference to Price basing his decisions on "reasonable evidence".

Must be the hater in me.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Have you even read the CBS article? The suppossed conversation happened with Walt not Bob. Take your blinders off man. I hope you like the next guy or it will be a long couple years for you man!!!
    Yeah, I read the Heyman article. It read like Baker had final editorial say.

19. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-06-2013)

Turn Off Ads?