Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
The point I think you are trying to get make is that white people are holding minorities down whether intentionally or not and I simply do not see it. In fact like I said previously, I feel very much that todays business world gives huge advantages to women and people of color that caucasians would love to have ( no shenanigans,WOY). I have experienced it first hand and while the deck may have been stacked against minorities and women years ago, the tables have very much been turned where being a minority or a woman in business today has a huge advantage over a caucasian male.
Again, this is not the point I'm making. There are of course racists on every side of the equation, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Structural discrimination in our society is much larger than any of us, and it is still very much a problem everywhere. Look at the statistics for any top university, any top business, any position of influence. MLB is just one of those places. It's great that there are a few minority managers, but there should be far more.

Anyway, at this point we are talking past each other if you can't see the facts. To me, there is an obvious purpose of giving historically oppressed groups a leg up these days. It's not about us as individuals, really, and it's not about our experiences first hand. It's about what's good for society as a whole.

I'll stop responding at this point, since I'm pretty sure this thread will be shut down or moved if I don't.