Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 496 to 506 of 506

Thread: Trade rumor thread

  1. #496
    Member RadfordVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    917

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I haven't read through the entire thread, but what about Cespedes for a trade target? Could be a great buy low candidate. With Beane it could just be a few prospects and someone like Heisey to give them a stop gap. Whats everyone think?

    21 million over two seasons is a lot when they already have a RH leftfielder capable of producing similarly. Unless you see him as a full time CF next season.

    Strikeouts went up quite a bit and walks went down last season. Seems like the league is starting to figure him out. He could adjust but that is alot to pay for a guy who is trending down and has a bad approach.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #497
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,891

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    How about a MiLB flier on a guy like Shawn Marcum for rotation depth if he checks out medically? I believe he's open to another 1yr. "prove his worth" contract.

  4. Likes:

    BEETTLEBUG (11-20-2013), Benihana (11-22-2013)

  5. #498
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in tornado alley
    Posts
    1,757

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    21 million over two seasons is a lot when they already have a RH leftfielder capable of producing similarly. Unless you see him as a full time CF next season.

    Strikeouts went up quite a bit and walks went down last season. Seems like the league is starting to figure him out. He could adjust but that is a lot to pay for a guy who is trending down and has a bad approach.


    I would say trending is a strong term after only 2 years in the majors. Cespedes played injured most of the season. Finding old injury reports is tougher than I thought... Anyways his ISO last year was .202 barely below his 2012 of .214. His biggest drop in production came from rising K% and a lowered BB%. However, he actually swung at more pitches in the zone this year than in his rookie season 67% to 64%. Also, his BABIP dropped from .326 to .279.

    I think the odds are high the 28 year old Cespedes will have a bounce back year, assuming he stays healthy. I still like him as a buy-low candidate. If the Reds really want to, he's about the same as Choo in CF but could be the RH slugger we need for LF.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

  6. Likes:

    joshua (11-21-2013)

  7. #499
    Member mdccclxix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crown
    Posts
    3,739

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I would say trending is a strong term after only 2 years in the majors. Cespedes played injured most of the season. Finding old injury reports is tougher than I thought... Anyways his ISO last year was .202 barely below his 2012 of .214. His biggest drop in production came from rising K% and a lowered BB%. However, he actually swung at more pitches in the zone this year than in his rookie season 67% to 64%. Also, his BABIP dropped from .326 to .279.

    I think the odds are high the 28 year old Cespedes will have a bounce back year, assuming he stays healthy. I still like him as a buy-low candidate. If the Reds really want to, he's about the same as Choo in CF but could be the RH slugger we need for LF.
    Viola!

    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ca...d.php?id=53004

  8. Likes:

    thatcoolguy_22 (11-22-2013)

  9. #500
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    378

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    NYTImes mentioned Gardner and Robertson for Phillips

  10. #501
    Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nutmeg Central
    Posts
    375

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    NYTImes mentioned Gardner and Robertson for Phillips
    I know it's speculation from the Times' writer, but I'm quite intrigued by this proposition.
    No one expects the butterfly

  11. #502
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    378

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    I am strongly in favor, we must take advantage of the fact that the Yanks always have to churn the account and make their fans look like they are doing something

  12. #503
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,160

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    In this post-Mariano world Dave Robertson is going nowhere.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  13. #504
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,891

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    In this post-Mariano world Dave Robertson is going nowhere.
    We'll be glad to send them Ondrusek as a replacement closer

  14. Likes:

    BEETTLEBUG (11-21-2013)

  15. #505
    Member RedLegsToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    Posts
    596

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    seriously, wouldn't Phillips (and his whole salary) for Gardner be a good trade for the Reds. Frees up money to try to sign Choo, gives us a good #2 hitter.

  16. Likes:

    BEETTLEBUG (11-21-2013)

  17. #506
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    492

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bob jones View Post
    NYTImes mentioned Gardner and Robertson for Phillips
    Make it happen Walt

  18. Likes:

    BEETTLEBUG (11-21-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25