Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Official trade rumor thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I just don't get why people are so set on adding pitching. Did you guys not watch the same offense that
    I did this season? I've see Jurickson Profar's name come up. If it were me I'd much rather target Xander Bogaerts
    than Profar. I'm not sure if Boston would be willing to give him up, but I'd do trade Chapman for a package that
    would revolve around Bogaerts.
    Profar and Bogaerts are both elite young players, but the reason Profar's name comes up so often in trade scenarios is because the Rangers have no place to put him on the field. They may be more willing to trade him than the Red Sox would be with Bogaerts.

2. Likes:

757690 (10-07-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I would trade Chapman in a heartbeat if I could get good value. We have way too much money tied up in the bullpen as it is. And as we say this year, you can be a dominant reliever and still end up no better at saving games. Let's cash that chit in.

Keep Choo if possible and platoon him with Ludwick for this year.

My lineup:

Choo
    Votto
    Frazier
    Bruce
    Phillips
    Mesoraco
    Cozart
    Pitcher
    Hamilton
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 10-07-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-08-2013),mth123 (10-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I was actively looking to trade him in July.

You're slipping.
    I was trying to deal him last off-season. I still think they could work a package for Giancarlo with him prominently involved.

Profar and Bogaerts are both elite young players, but the reason Profar's name comes up so often in trade scenarios is because the Rangers have no place to put him on the field. They may be more willing to trade him than the Red Sox would be with Bogaerts.
    I don't think there's any doubt about that. Bogaerts is likely untouchable.

8. Likes:

RedEye (10-07-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Hearing on rotoworld.com that the Rays are likely to trade David Price this winter.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reached out to nine baseball executives yesterday to ask if they felt David Price would get moved this winter and they all said yes. Price, like Matt Garza and James Shields when they were dealt from Tampa Bay, is two years away from free agency, meaning that this is the time to move him. The Rangers came up most often as the most likely destination followed by the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Padres, Red Sox, Giants, and Reds.
    That was copied from MLBTradeRumors.com
    Last edited by OneManBand; 10-07-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Hearing on rotoworld.com that the Rays are likely to trade David Price this winter.

Quote:
    Joel Sherman of the New York Post reached out to nine baseball executives yesterday to ask if they felt David Price would get moved this winter and they all said yes. Price, like Matt Garza and James Shields when they were dealt from Tampa Bay, is two years away from free agency, meaning that this is the time to move him. The Rangers came up most often as the most likely destination followed by the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Padres, Red Sox, Giants, and Reds.

That was copied from MLBTradeRumors.com
    I would love to know who said the Reds would be a likely destination. While it would be great to have Price, the package it would take to get a guy like that would be much more effectively used in getting a cleanup hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Keep Choo if possible and platoon him with Ludwick for this year.
    Seriously? I would imagine that if they kept Choo to the tune of 5 years/$100 million, he would be the starting LF. He does still get on base against LHP, so he's not a complete loss.

If anything, I would imagine they would have a de facto four-man OF, with Choo sharing time with both Ludwick and Hamilton in LF/CF.
    Last edited by RedEye; 10-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    I would love to know who said the Reds would be a likely destination. While it would be great to have Price, the package it would take to get a guy like that would be much more effectively used in getting a cleanup hitter.
    Well, if they did deal for Price, that would be a pretty profound sign of a shift in organizational philosophy -- completely away from offense and toward pitching and D. I can remember not too long ago when it was the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I was trying to deal him last off-season. I still think they could work a package for Giancarlo with him prominently involved.
    That would probably be a very bad deal for the Marlins. Trading a young, legit middle of the order bat for a reliever who makes good money is not what they would be looking for.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Well, if they did deal for Price, that would be a pretty profound sign of a shift in organizational philosophy -- completely away from offense and toward pitching and D. I can remember not too long ago when it was the reverse.
    Well that would be a huge mistake imo. The Reds offense is broken and needs fixing. They need to leverage their assets for hitting and not pitching because it's going to be a baren wasteland when it comes to free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Well that would be a huge mistake imo. The Reds offense is broken and needs fixing. They need to leverage their assets for hitting and not pitching because it's going to be a baren wasteland when it comes to free agency.
    I think the biggest problem last season was the pitching, I kid you not.

The Reds lacked a true number one dominant arm, and it hurt them in big series, and of course, the wildcard game. If Cueto was healthy and the same Cueto from 2011-12, I think the Red win the division. Cingrani did fine in his place, but missed a bunch of starts, resulting in AAA pitchers starting at least 3 times, and never gave the Reds the innings Cueto would have.

That taxed the bullpen, which was another problem. They did okay, but lacked that second elite arm besides Chapman. Way too many crucial innings for Broxton, LeCure, Parra and Hoover.

Reds need a true top of the rotation arm. I think either Cueto, Cingrani or Chapman could be that arm in the rotation, but at the same time, all three could be disasters as well.

That's why Price makes sense.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    If a package for price could be pulled off without having to give up a starter, this creates pitching depth and would make it easier to move a bailey or cueto for offense while actually upgrading the rotation and not relying in young guns unknowns or retreads.

Price will be expensive. 10 million minimum, likely to go to 15 million in arbitration. That and likely prospects they would want would be Hamilton and Cingrani. For those reasons, I think it's unlikely the Reds pursue this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    That would probably be a very bad deal for the Marlins. Trading a young, legit middle of the order bat for a reliever who makes good money is not what they would be looking for.
    Stanton is the face of the Marlins. Both he and club management like it that way. There is zero chance they will be moving him anytime soon.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...n-pirates.html

Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran will be in high demand this winter, writes Buster Olney of ESPN.com (Insider sub. req'd). Olney feels that the Mets, Rangers, Yankees, Orioles, Phillies, and Reds could all be players for Beltran. At 36, Beltran may prefer to go to an American League club and DH.

Turn Off Ads?