Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Official trade rumor thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Definitely think the low OBP is a huge red flag. Assuming Choo doesn't come back, outside of Votto, and Bruce to some degree, this team will be OBP deficient next season.
    And you can delete Bruce from that list

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I would actively look to trade Chapman this offseason.
    If Dusty was still manager, I'd agree. But if Price gets it, I have confidence he can convert a Chapman back to a starter, in which case, I'd keep Chapman.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

And you can delete Bruce from that list
    You're right, but I do think he has some room for growth in that area considering his age. He'll never be a .390 obp kinda hitter, but I think .340+ is attainable.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If Dusty was still manager, I'd agree. But if Price gets it, I have confidence he can convert a Chapman back to a starter, in which case, I'd keep Chapman.
    So...is this where the 2013-2014 "Chapman: Starter vs. Closer" saga begins? If I had your confidence that he could start in this league I might be inclined to agree with you 757690. I still maintain, however, that he cannot, and maybe someone else is willing to pay to attempt that project.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

6. Likes:

mth123 (10-06-2013)

why are there rumors of trading bailey? Sure his trade value could certainly bolster the offense but that will put a gaping hole in our rotation. If anything chapman is the pitcher to trade for an upgrade on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    why are there rumors of trading bailey? Sure his trade value could certainly bolster the offense but that will put a gaping hole in our rotation. If anything chapman is the pitcher to trade for an upgrade on offense.
    Because he has one year left and has shown zero inclination of signing a long term deal

I would actively look to trade Chapman this offseason.
    I was actively looking to trade him in July.

You're slipping.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

10. Likes:

Raisor (10-06-2013),TSJ55 (10-06-2013)

Rockies thinking about Cespedes. If on the block maybe the Reds could enter the bidding. RH slugging OF

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...medium=twitter

Unless there's anything official, I'm going to unstick this thread.

13. Likes:

camisadelgolf (10-08-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (10-07-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Rockies thinking about Cespedes. If on the block maybe the Reds could enter the bidding. RH slugging OF

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...medium=twitter
    ...with an OBA <.300 and a .737 OPS?

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reached out to nine baseball executives yesterday to ask if they felt David Price would get moved this winter and they all said yes. Price, like Matt Garza and James Shields when they were dealt from Tampa Bay, is two years away from free agency, meaning that this is the time to move him. The Rangers came up most often as the most likely destination followed by the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Padres, Red Sox, Giants, and Reds.
    Joel Sherman thinks the Reds might be one of the teams interested in Price.

Price would be great to have but landing him would probably take every bit of available trading chips we have (and probably Robert Stephenson and Leake+) to acquire. We also wouldn't have much to spare to improve the offense. Probably looking at a lot of low-scoring one run games.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Price would be great to have but landing him would probably take every bit of available trading chips we have (and probably Robert Stephenson and Leake+) to acquire. We also wouldn't have much to spare to improve the offense. Probably looking at a lot of low-scoring one run games.
    It's two years of Price, so no way Stephenson or Leake are involved.

I think a straight up deal of Price for Chapman makes sense. Rays get one more year of a top of the rotation arm, who might not be ready for that in 2014, and the Reds get a true #1 for 2014 and 2015, plus a top draft pick when he leaves. Reds might have to add something else, but not that much.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I just don't get why people are so set on adding pitching. Did you guys not watch the same offense that
    I did this season? I've see Jurickson Profar's name come up. If it were me I'd much rather target Xander Bogaerts
    than Profar. I'm not sure if Boston would be willing to give him up, but I'd do trade Chapman for a package that
    would revolve around Bogaerts.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 10-06-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Additions

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I don't understand why so many are eager to trade Homer. Is it because he's got the most value to net a nice return or something else? I love where Homer's development has taken him, and I'm not eager to start ditching strong starting pitching.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

20. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (10-07-2013)

Turn Off Ads?