Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Trade rumor thread

I don't know if I could ever bring myself to cheer for Braun without gagging.

2. Likes:

757690 (10-28-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (11-06-2013),marcshoe (10-28-2013),Red Raindog (10-28-2013),TSJ55 (10-28-2013),Wonderful Monds (10-28-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    I know the Brewers would do just about anything to rid themselves of Braun and just imagine Votto, Braun, Bruce
    Really? Where did you hear that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

OneManBand (10-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Could we buy low on Braun and offer Corcino, Soto, Heisey, and a bad contract like Broxton? I know the Brewers would do just about anything to rid themselves of Braun and just imagine Votto, Braun, Bruce
    You've got to ask yourself just how much juice Braun will have without the Juice. Re-sign Choo instead of paying that kind of coin to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...medium=twitter

MLBTR Offseason Outlook on the Brewers. Author suggests the Brewers might be more prone to moving Aoki. They have Khris Davis who can only play left and Gomez solidified in Center. Braun will likely have to move to right which leaves Aoki in limbo. Author suggests they use him as a trade chip.

Could be a potential Choo-like trade where we can get an OF for a year rental. He is only owed $1.5M in 2014, he has a low strikeout rate, great contact and leadoff hitter, looks to be nearly the same against both LHP and RHP, and he has experience (limited in left and center) in every outfield position. His defense isn't spectacular, but he posted a positive dWar in both seasons in the MLB. Also, he not does have the power than Choo does.

I would hate to see Choo go, but Aoki might be an answer to the void left by Choo. Billy might not be ready and Aoki could be the next stop gap player until he is ready. Also, would hate to trade in the division, but we have done it in the past (Marshall trade). Also, I would think that if Choo does resign with us, then we can still explore Aoki for a LF. Would help with the top of the lineup too. However, we would have 4 lefties in the lineup (Votto, Aoki, Choo, and Bruce), but given Aoki's success against lefties, it might not be as bad to bat them back to back to back....

Something like this:

LF Aoki
    CF Choo
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips
    RF Bruce
    3B Frazier
    SS Cozart
    C Mesoraco
    I like the idea of Aoki. Who do you propose the Reds deal to get him? Brewers probably want young pitching.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like the idea of Aoki. Who do you propose the Reds deal to get him? Brewers probably want young pitching.
    Aoki is the type of hitter the Reds need to add. Lots of contact, sees lots of pitches, not much power, but always puts up tough AB's. But you hit on the problem with him. Because of his contract, there's not much reason for the Brewers to deal him unless they are blown away.

There are other similar hitters who won't cost nearly as much in terms of talent to get. But he's the right kind of target.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

There was interest in Aoki at the trade deadline but the Brewers declined. Why would they trade him now?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Because of his contract, there's not much reason for the Brewers to deal him unless they are blown away.
    Davis, Gomez, and Braun are the reasons they would deal him. I'm not sure his offense warrants putting up with him in center like we did Choo though.

They're looking for somebody to platoon with Juan Francisco. Maybe you can give them Frazier...

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    They're looking for somebody to platoon with Juan Francisco. Maybe you can give them Frazier...
    That's probably fair, but it's just robbing Peter to pay Paul. Much like Brandon Phillips, Frazier is flawed, but he's light years better than any in house option (and unlike Phillips isn't attached to a horrible contract at this point). If they'd take Soto and some pitching prospects like Contreras or Corcino, I'd be all over it, but why would they do that? I think the Reds could find a similar guy without giving up Frazier. David Dejesus comes to mind.

How about Phillips and Heisey for Rickie Weeks and Aoki? Weeks has only one overpaid year left as opposed to four for Phillips and Aoki would be an actual answer for the Reds. I'm not liking Weeks so much (better than adding Uggla thou IMO), but adding Aoki with 4 years of control and getting out from under the down side of Phillips deal is pretty appealing. The Brewers would be improving the defense and would still have a spot player to be the 4th OF who can play all 3 spots. They can have Soto too if they want.

Using Weeks' terrible 2013 as a starting point, if his .268 BABIP adjusts to a more normal .300 or so, he'd probably be fairly similar offensively to what we could expect from Phillips (which is a repeat of 2013 IMO). Weeks is actually over a year younger than Phillips and if he bounces back to his 2011 form, the Reds would hold an option for 2015 for a lesser figure than they are obligated to pay Phillips.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-29-2013)

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

@Buster_ESPN
    The Angels want pitching,and sources say they've indicated a willingness to other teams to trade Peter Bourjos or/and Mark Trumbo to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    You've got to ask yourself just how much juice Braun will have without the Juice. Re-sign Choo instead of paying that kind of coin to cheat.
    Plus resigning Choo you don't give up anything in trade.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Mike Leake for Trumbo and Bourjos - get it done, Walt

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think we'd all move anyone in the right deal.
    I'd trade my mom if Kate Upton was in the deal!!!

18. Likes:

CoachBombay (10-29-2013)

How about Phillips and Heisey for Rickie Weeks and Aoki? .
    Nice thought, but I think the Brewers have a young second baseman that they like. So I don't think the Brewers want Phillips. However, if the Reds trade Phillips somewhere else, maybe the Brewers would like to package Aoki and Weeks to Cincy? Like perhaps absorbing Weeks would lower the price on Aoki?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Mike Leake for Trumbo and Bourjos - get it done, Walt
    I don't think Leake is enough ... the Angels are looking to move Kendricks as well.

I think there's a deal to be had with Halos. Phillips, Bailey and Chapman could be pieces they're are interested in.

Turn Off Ads?