Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Trade rumor thread

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    You've got to ask yourself just how much juice Braun will have without the Juice. Re-sign Choo instead of paying that kind of coin to cheat.
    Plus resigning Choo you don't give up anything in trade.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mike Leake for Trumbo and Bourjos - get it done, Walt

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think we'd all move anyone in the right deal.
    I'd trade my mom if Kate Upton was in the deal!!!

5. Likes:

CoachBombay (10-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How about Phillips and Heisey for Rickie Weeks and Aoki? .
    Nice thought, but I think the Brewers have a young second baseman that they like. So I don't think the Brewers want Phillips. However, if the Reds trade Phillips somewhere else, maybe the Brewers would like to package Aoki and Weeks to Cincy? Like perhaps absorbing Weeks would lower the price on Aoki?
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Playoff Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don't think Leake is enough ... the Angels are looking to move Kendricks as well.

I think there's a deal to be had with Halos. Phillips, Bailey and Chapman could be pieces they're are interested in.

What is the fascination with a guy with a career OBP of .299 and poor defense? Please no Trumbo! And we had Peter Bourjos once...a guy by the name of Drew Stubbs.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

9. Likes:

757690 (10-29-2013), CoachBombay (11-06-2013), Edd Roush (10-29-2013), hebroncougar (10-29-2013), joshua (10-29-2013), marcshoe (10-29-2013), mth123 (10-29-2013), Old school 1983 (10-29-2013), Tom Servo (10-29-2013), TRF (10-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I don't think Leake is enough ... the Angels are looking to move Kendricks as well.

I think there's a deal to be had with Halos. Phillips, Bailey and Chapman could be pieces they're are interested in.
    I think Ludwick, Phillips and Leake for Trumbo, Bourjos and Kendrick does make some sense for both sides, although I'd want a pretty good prospect as well- say a Taylor Lindsey or even Kaleb Cowart coming off a disappointing year.

That would allow us to definitely make a qualifying offer to Arroyo, probably bring back Choo and still sign Latos and/or Bailey long-term.

Personally, I'd rather do a deal with the Dodgers around Kemp, the Rangers around Profar, or even hang onto Phillips, but for those clamoring for salary relief and payflex, there is your deal.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I think Ludwick, Phillips and Leake for Trumbo, Bourjos and Kendrick does make some sense for both sides, although I'd want a pretty good prospect as well- say a Taylor Lindsey or even Kaleb Cowart coming off a disappointing year.

That would allow us to definitely make a qualifying offer to Arroyo, probably bring back Choo and still sign Latos and/or Bailey long-term.

Personally, I'd rather do a deal with the Dodgers around Kemp, the Rangers around Profar, or even hang onto Phillips, but for those clamoring for salary relief and payflex, there is your deal.
    I'm really not seeing how that betters the reds. LF will have a lower ops, our rotation will take a hit, bourjos has speed, but so does Hamilton so we have that in system. Kendrick has a higher ops than Phillips, but once D is added in and the fact BP was playing hurt, then that's about a wash. I like a lot if your trade ideas, but I'm just not seeing how the reds benefit from this one.

The Reds have no need for Bourjos. They have a faster, younger, more electric version named Billy Hamilton.

I'll pass on Trumbo as well. Reds need thump but not at the expense of defense, OB% and baserunning.

I do like the idea of a Phillips-Kendrick swap built around a few other pieces of need for each team, but I'm not seeing a deal with any of the other guys LAA is shopping.

From MLBTraderumors:

**Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis is healthy and ready to test the free agent market once more, agent Joe Bick tells Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. The 35-year-old was a bust for the Yanks, who got 28 games off subpar production from him at a cost of $12MM

Any interest on a gamble that he could return to form? Would probably only cost 3-4 million.

14. Likes:

CoachBombay (11-06-2013), Edd Roush (10-29-2013)

I posted this idea in another thread:

Royals get:
    BP
    Lottery ticket like Guillon

Rangers get:
    Billy Butler (from KCR)
    Homer Bailey

Reds get:
    Jurickson Profar (from TEX)
    Christian Colon (from KCR)
    Craig Gentry (from TEX)
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    What is the fascination with a guy with a career OBP of .299 and poor defense? Please no Trumbo! And we had Peter Bourjos once...a guy by the name of Drew Stubbs.
    I am not facisnated with him, but if the reds are able to get 30+ home runs from the right side of the plate and a good defensive outfielder for a 5th starter - do it. If it were the same trade for Homer Bailey I would scream bloody murder.

I am not facisnated with him, but if the reds are able to get 30+ home runs from the right side of the plate and a good defensive outfielder for a 5th starter - do it. If it were the same trade for Homer Bailey I would scream bloody murder.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    I appreciate the table you posted but do you have any comments concerning it or am I just expected to assume what your point is?

I appreciate the table you posted but do you have any comments concerning it or am I just expected to assume what your point is?
    Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    People just love the long ball and they always say their team needs a power bat.

"On-base skills translate to run-scoring much more than slugging skills."

Turn Off Ads?