Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 506

Thread: Trade rumor thread

  1. #106

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Also, it is too early for an official trade rumor thread because the season still hast another 3 weeks left.
    Anybody know how that I can delete this so that someone else can start another one that is better? If you don't like it don't read it.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

  2. Likes:

    MattyHo4Life (10-08-2013), texasdave (10-08-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #107
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    2,637

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    Anybody know how that I can delete this so that someone else can start another one that is better? If you don't like it don't read it.
    I was not saying I didn't like the thread. I meant it is pointless to complain about a lack of quality content/legit trade rumors because the season is not over yet.

  5. #108

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I was not saying I didn't like the thread. I meant it is pointless to complain about a lack of quality content/legit trade rumors because the season is not over yet.
    Sorry that I took it the wrong way, There were others that was complaining because it said official or that it was a sticky.
    All that I wanted was a place where one could go to get The Reds trade info without having to go to 50 different websites , But some didn't seem to like that .
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

  6. #109
    Member BungleBengals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    618

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    Sorry that I took it the wrong way, There were others that was complaining because it said official or that it was a sticky.
    All that I wanted was a place where one could go to get The Reds trade info without having to go to 50 different websites , But some didn't seem to like that .
    I think a thread like that would have to wait until after the WS. There is little information or news being released now since teams cannot do any roster moves. Plus, you have a lot of guys on this board wanting to find ways to improve this team. That is why there are so many hypothetical trades and roster moves being proposed.
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

  7. #110
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,039

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I think a thread like that would have to wait until after the WS. There is little information or news being released now since teams cannot do any roster moves. Plus, you have a lot of guys on this board wanting to find ways to improve this team. That is why there are so many hypothetical trades and roster moves being proposed.
    I disagree there are a number of rumors swirling at the moment. This can bridge the gap until after the Series. At that point we can have a thread for Hotstove Rumors (news only, no discussion- but why- because- that's not right- it is the OP's decision- ), Hotstove Trade Suggestions and another for Hotstove discussion of verified Rumors. We have different threads for pre-July deadline, Augusut deadline, post August, so one for this period makes sense too.

  8. #111
    Member Marc D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,714

    Re: Official trade rumor thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Why? The Reds best prospects beyond pitching are Winker, Ervin, YR, Hamilton - all outfielders. They need infield prospects where the sole guy standing is SMB.

    I was under the impression the Yankees had 2 top 50 types who were near MLB ready and that all of the Reds position prospects were a couple years out at best. If that's not the case, which apparently it isn't, then I agree. Probably not the best trade idea ever.

  9. #112
    Member BungleBengals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    618

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    MLB Trade Rumors recently released an article on Alexander Guerrero with the Reds still listed as an interested team. Nothing we do not already know however.
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

  10. #113
    Member klw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,039

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...-guerrero.html

    Cuban second baseman Alexander Guerrero is back on the free agent market after his engagement with the Dodgers was called off in September. Now, the Scott Boras client is seeking a four-year deal from interested MLB teams. However, some of the clubs that are in on Guerrero are pushing for a longer pact.

    Heyman cites the Dodgers, Giants, Rangers, Red Sox, and Reds as clubs with interest in the 26-year-old. Guerrero and Los Angeles were closing in on a five-year, $32MM deal last month but the deal fell apart for reasons that are still unknown.

  11. #114
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,387

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

    •John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer (on Twitter) says that there's a decent chance that the Reds will re-sign reliever Manny Parra. The soon-to-be 31-year-old pitched to a 3.33 ERA with 11.0 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9.

  12. Likes:

    mdccclxix (10-10-2013), REDREAD (10-10-2013)

  13. #115
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,027

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

    •John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer (on Twitter) says that there's a decent chance that the Reds will re-sign reliever Manny Parra. The soon-to-be 31-year-old pitched to a 3.33 ERA with 11.0 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9.
    Just kill me now. Goodyear has better retreads than that. Come on, Walt.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  14. Likes:

    Marc D (10-10-2013)

  15. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,168

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Just kill me now. Goodyear has better retreads than that. Come on, Walt.
    I guess I watched a different Parra than you this year. After April he was very good. I'd take him back, gladly, at a fair salary level.

  16. Likes:

    bounty37h (10-10-2013), Crumbley (10-10-2013), Donder (10-10-2013), kbrake (10-10-2013), lollipopcurve (10-10-2013), RANDY IN INDY (10-10-2013), RED VAN HOT (10-11-2013), REDREAD (10-10-2013), RedTeamGo! (10-10-2013), Slyder (10-15-2013), texasdave (10-10-2013), VottoFan54 (10-10-2013)

  17. #117
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,506

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

    •John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer (on Twitter) says that there's a decent chance that the Reds will re-sign reliever Manny Parra. The soon-to-be 31-year-old pitched to a 3.33 ERA with 11.0 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9.
    Meh.

    Hopefully it's not a Walt Jocketty 2 year deal...

  18. Likes:

    Marc D (10-10-2013)

  19. #118

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    As long as Para is used as a LOOGY he will be ok , Not worth dying over tho.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

  20. #119
    Member cumberlandreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sterling VA
    Posts
    8,999

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    As long as its a one year deal for Parra its fine with me. He turned into a good middle inning lefty specialist. He could be a good lefty tandem out of the pen with Marshall if he's healthy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

  21. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,518

    Re: Trade rumor thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Just kill me now. Goodyear has better retreads than that. Come on, Walt.
    You may want to mentions these better retreads. Parra was very good last year. 2.79 xFIP. Close to a 4 K/W ratio.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25