Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspirational Sayings

Inspirational Sayings

The school system that employs me makes a big deal about posting inspirational sayings in classrooms, so I've decided to stop making fun of said posters and begin manufacturing my own. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas, however.

By far the most common saying I see is "Anger is only one letter away from danger." This usually elicits two responses in my brain. The first is to pronounce danger with a hard g, making it rhyme with anger. The second is to say, "so is hanger." I suppose this would be meaningful to Joan Crawford, but no one else.

So far, I've only come up with one saying on my own: "Courage always ends in rage." While this is demonstrably true, most people I mention this to begin backing away slowly.

That's where I stand at the moment.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Inspirational Sayings

There's no "u" in "love".
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

If the shortcut were easy, it'd just be the way.

Everybody makes mistakes. It's what you do to correct your mistakes that shows what kind of person you are.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Everybody makes mistakes. It's what you do to correct your mistakes that shows what kind of person you are.
    Correct? I just try to blame them on somebody else.

I don't make mistakes, but I admit other people's mistakes easily.

7. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-10-2013)

If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way, he develops a good, lucky feeling.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

"There's no "I" in team, but there is an "m" and an "e"."

Always wash your hands prior to picking someone's brain.

Life begins at 40, unless you are already dead.

Yesterday was the last day of the first part of your life. You know, the good part. It's all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way, he develops a good, lucky feeling.
    Jack Handy called his lawyer.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

The local school puts updates/ inspirational sayings on its sign in the front of the school. This spring one of the signs said "1st and 2nd graders is doing great work." I wish I took a picture.

It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man crying....

One of my favorite Jack Handy quotes.

I've never been inspired by a poster, but off the top of my head how 'bout:

Failure finds the one who quit. Success if found by those who strive.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.despair.com/demotivators.html
    "And why do false truths persist, getting passed down the decades as if they were fact? It comes back to the same point: People believe things that are wrong because, individually, people rarely investigate their own beliefs, particularly when what they believe makes sense intuitively. Even more so when those around them agree with them." -K.F.

Turn Off Ads?