Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: per mlbtraderumors.com, Bronson Arroyo wants a 3 year deal.

Re: per mlbtraderumors.com, Bronson Arroyo wants a 3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Aren't we expecting Chapman to the rotation if Price becomes the manager?

That makes seven starters. Someone would still have to go even if Arroyo left.
    I came around to agree with the view of not offering a QO.

But I did make the point that the Reds had zero depth at MLB-capable starting pitching in the minors, particularly AAA. With season-ending health issues with Latos' bag-o-chips elbow, Cueto's chronic oblique, and somewhat Cingrani achey back, I bite my nails.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If a supplemental pick making it to the majors saves a team about $10M, and his chances of making it is 20%, the value of that draft pick is $2M, not $10M.
    My apologies, I wasn't clear about my numbers. The $10M was what each player drafted in the supplemental rounds was worth on average, whether they got to the bigs or not.

Here was the raw data:

During a five year stretch, there were 55 players drafted. 11 of them made the bigs. Those 11 earned 119 WAR over what they were paid during their pre-free agency years. That is a bit over 2 WAR per all players drafted or 10 WAR per players that made it to the bigs. I figure each WAR is worth around $5M these days.

That means that the players who made it, were worth around $50M to each team (Some big names like David Wright, Adam Jones, Gio Gonzalez). A true crap shoot. Low chance, but very high return.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/414088/qualifying-offers-will-be-worth-$141-million

Qualifying offers will be worth $14.1 million

Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that the value of this year's one-year qualifying offer for impending free agents will be $14.1 million.

Qualifying offers were worth $13.3 million last offseason, so this is a jump of $800,000. The figure is determined by the average of the 125 highest-paid players in MLB. Teams must make a qualifying offer in order to secure draft pick compensation if a player signs elsewhere in free agency. For what it's worth, nine players received qualifying offers last winter (the first year of the new system) and none of them accepted.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter

Turn Off Ads?