Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburg fans

Pittsburg fans

I talked to a friend who went to the game at PNC yesterday and he is a diehard baseball fan who travels all around the country watching baseball in different stadiums.....he's been to every stadium and he usually goes to all the stadiums every year.....his family hit the lottery when he was 12 years old and he basically lives a life we all would love to live.

He's been to hundreds of venues to watch football baseball basketball and hockey and soccer and anything else you can think of.....he said PNC park ranked 2nd of his all time experiences.....first was a soccer game overseas. He said it was so loud at times that he had to cup his hands into the ear of his wife just to talk to her.....he said that they actually sat in their seat for a total of about 1 full inning. 99% of the time they were on their feet.

My question to all of you.....do you think pirate fans will continue this year after year like the braves of the 90's did? Watching the games on tv I have been amazed at how loud they have been. I would love for GABP to be like that next year when we make the playoffs but I am not sure if we can do it.....maybe it's because we expect our players to play good without needing our help, I don't know but I would love to get to the 7th inning and berate the opposing pitcher with a stadium full of wooooo's.
    With all the good that pirates fans are doing and all the positive publicity they are getting over this, is it all overshadowed by the Dallas latos assault? At first I thought it was but after thinking about it for a week I would hate for our fans to sound as loud and firey as they do only to have a few idiots ruin it for the other 35 thousand fans. It tough to judge PNC fans on Dallas latos incident alone so I won't.

As much as I hate Pittsburg, a small part of me wants them to keep winning so I can see their fans....they are truly making a difference in the games. The players are feeding off it and the opposing players are taking notice. Can you imagine how hard they are going to troll on Puig if it gets to that?

Are you guys still rooting for the cardinals? Do you think pirate fans can continue this type of wild activity and positive vibes year after year if they make the playoffs year after year? Or are they basically just like a dog that's been caged for 20 years and now they are out of their cage...will they calm down or will they be this decades Braves of 90's with the tomahawk chop?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pittsburg fans

Maybe we can be drunken slobs that berate people and assault women too. Pittsburgh fans are not something I would want to emulate in any way, shape (especially), or form.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I think it's great that the Pittsburg fans are excited about baseball. They deserve it after not making the playoffs for all those years. I think they will keep this up as long as the Pirates put a good product on the field. I live 4 hours away from GABP, so I try to make at least a 3 game series every year usually against the Card, Braves, or Cubs since I have family that have those teams as their favorites. Even during the playoffs I don't recall our fans being that much into it like the Pirate fans have been. As far as the Dallas Latos deal, I think that anywhere you go you are going to have those few fans that go overboard on the way they treat the opppsoing teams fans. I know it's cliche, but I think you just need to ignore them, which I don't think is her strong point. Now that the Reds are out, I have been rooting for the Tigers. Just cant bring myself to root for the Cards or the team that put the Reds out!!!

I was at the wild card game. They did not stand at all really except for the exciting plays, then sat immediately. It was sort of odd. (That's not a knock on them at all, it was just "weird")

The Steelers are 0-4. Pittsburgh is also a hockey town. Of course PNC Park is going to be rocking to it's foundation.

Once the Steelers start winning again and the Pirates start losing again, most of the fans in PNC Park will (as someone put it the other day) go back to being Phillies fans.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

7. Likes:

joshua (10-07-2013),Tom Servo (10-07-2013),XU Lou (10-07-2013)

I watched a couple innings of the Pitt-StL game last night.

My soft and cuddly feeliongs for the Pirates lasted about a nanosecond. I didn't there would be a team that I disliked as much as the Cards. Wrong. The Pirates have hit my top 2 and are vying for #1. The players are fine, but I don't like the crowd.

Bah. Get off my lawn.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (10-07-2013)

I'll bet Pittsburg fans have something in common with Cincinatti fans.

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

11. Likes:

Big Klu (10-08-2013),Boss-Hog (10-07-2013),dabvu2498 (10-07-2013),HeatherC1212 (10-07-2013),Larry Schuler (10-07-2013),reds1869 (10-07-2013),Spider Tre (10-13-2013),Tom Servo (10-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I'll bet Pittsburg fans have something in common with Cincinatti fans.

What, that they don't know how to spell the name of either city?

I kid I kid...please don't take that personally.

13. Likes:

Degenerate39 (10-13-2013),dubc47834 (10-07-2013),marcshoe (10-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think it's great that the Pittsburg fans are excited about baseball. They deserve it after not making the playoffs for all those years.
    It's hard for me to agree with this statement. While the Pirates have been crappy for 20 years, the Steelers and Penguins have been pretty darn good for most of the past 20 years, with some bad seasons mixed in. Baseball is the third sport in that city. While there are undoubtedly fans in the city who only care about baseball and the Pirates, I'd have to guess the number is relatively small. Just since 2005, the Steelers have won two superbowls, lost a third, and the penguins have won one and lost one stanley cup (along with other deep playoff runs for both teams). It's hard for me to see Pittsburgh fans deserving any more than that.

Re: PittsburgH fans

Let them have their day.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

"So Fla Red"

Getting to play the Seahawks and Cardinals, arguably the two weakest Super Bowl teams in the last 30+ years was gift enough for a lifetime of "Pittsburg-H" fans.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Maybe we can be drunken slobs that berate people and assault women too. Pittsburgh fans are not something I would want to emulate in any way, shape (especially), or form.
    We have those same fans at our park too.....3 years ago my son got pushed down at the bathroom stahl by two drunkards fighting.....I jumped in and got him out of there but he was covered in urine.....when I walked back in the bathroom the 2 idiots who shoved each other were hugging it out.....I went into an outrage that my son was covered in piss and they one guy was very sorry and the other told me that I was next if I didn't shut my mouth.....as we started to get into it, security made its way in and broke us up.......just goes to show that with any large group there are always idiots who don't represent the fan base.......

The guy who was sorry actually waited around for security to talk to us and he took my son into the team shop and bought him a brand new hoody and sweatpants......he was truly sorry....but which of those 2 fans represents us as a group? I would hope the nice one but to any fan who gets assaulted, they can't judge an entire group off 1 persons actions.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    What, that they don't know how to spell the name of either city?

I kid I kid...please don't take that personally.
    I think that was the point of his
    Rounding third and heading for home...

19. Likes:

Unassisted (10-13-2013)

They call me "chef"

Until Pittsburgh fans start rioting in the streets, punching old ladies, and kicking dogs, their brand of fandom expression still has room for growth.

21. Likes:

jojo (10-07-2013)

From what I have seen it looks like Pittsburgh fans are a classless bunch. I haven't been impressed with them at all. I think they are mean-spirited, drunken oafs. Heckling opposing players and harassing fans of the opposing team do not make you a good supporter of your team. Cheering for your team is different than bullying the other team. I think Pirates fans have embarrassed themselves and their city.

I imagine this season will raise expectations for next season. If the Pirates don't live up to the expectations most of the Pirate fans will turn against their team (much like many Reds fans did this year, unfortunately).

23. Likes:

Big Klu (10-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?