Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Re: Paul Daugherty says Brandon Phillips is very available

Wonder if they'd consider moving Tommy La Stella as part of a deal?
    Would make sense for both parties.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Whats the Return If Reds Deal Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Howie Kendrick got a 4 year, $33M deal. Infante will get something similar. Marco Scutero, at age 37, got a 3 year, $20M deal. No way Infante gets less than that. And salaries will only go up with the new TV money coming in. Replacing Phillips is going to be expensive.
    Kendrick is younger and a better hitter than either Phillips or Infante. Scutaro got his deal coming off of an .859 OPS and a 144 OPS+.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Would including Cozart and getting Simmons in the deal make it any better for us? So Phillips & Cozart For Uggla, Simmons, & Prospect/Cash?

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Would including Cozart and getting Simmons in the deal make it any better for us? So Phillips & Cozart For Uggla, Simmons, & Prospect/Cash?
    Of course it would be better. Simmons was a 4.7 win player this year, and is probably a top-5 all-time defender at SS.

But I'm afraid that proposal would be laughed at by Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I don't deal him if those are the only options.
    Call me crazy, but I actually wouldn't mind Punto as a replacement if he can be had for cheap. He plays solid D, and he actually has a higher career OBP than Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Of course it would be better. Simmons was a 4.7 win player this year, and is probably a top-5 all-time defender at SS.
    Now, now, just a couple of months ago people were using Simmons' WAR as evidence that WAR was vastly overrated as a stat.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I'm merging this into one of the other Phillips threads.

Please post in extant threads instead of creating new ones every time a topic arises.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-23-2013),westofyou (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I'm merging this into one of the other Phillips threads.

Please post in extant threads instead of creating new ones every time a topic arises.
    Somebody went to college!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-23-2013),Plus Plus (10-20-2013)

I really think something along the lines of Phillips+ for Sandoval, Scutaro+ could work out

or

Phillips, Bailey, Corcino for Kendrick, Trumbo

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Maybe we could offer Phillips for Mike Trout.

14. Likes:

redsfanmia (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Maybe we could offer Phillips for Mike Trout.
    What kind of sweetener would the Angels include?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-23-2013),Dom Heffner (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    What kind of sweetener would the Angels include?
    Kendrick plus cash of course.

Make them throw in Taylor Lindsey and Grant Green too so there are possible replacements up the middle too.

Phillips for Trout, Kendrick, Lindsey, Green, and cash.
    Last edited by klw; 10-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Salukifan2

I'm coming into this rather late, but what do the reds think is a better option than Phillips? I don't really see how the reds would upgrade second base by trading him. IMHO if you remove both Choo and Phillips from the lineup it becomes mediocre at best most likely just bad.

If the reds intend to upgrade their roster this off season to be keep up with the Pirates and Cards he will have to continue to follow his m.o. and leverage the farm. Meaning, i don't really see how the reds go into next season with Hamilton, Cingrani, and Stephenson still in their organization.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (10-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    I'm coming into this rather late, but what do the reds think is a better option than Phillips? I don't really see how the reds would upgrade second base by trading him. IMHO if you remove both Choo and Phillips from the lineup it becomes mediocre at best most likely just bad.

If the reds intend to upgrade their roster this off season to be keep up with the Pirates and Cards he will have to continue to follow his m.o. and leverage the farm. Meaning, i don't really see how the reds go into next season with Hamilton, Cingrani, and Stephenson still in their organization.
    I don't see the box you've put the Reds in. The way the Reds go into next season with their top 3 young talents is that they go into next season with their top 3 young talents. If the upgrade is on the order of Stanton or some such player, then maybe they aren't on the Reds. But it's not Stanton or bust next year.

While the roster choices don't seem as obvious as the last 5 years, there are plenty of ways being discussed to upgrade the roster. No one knows how it will shake out yet though.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    Meaning, i don't really see how the reds go into next season with Hamilton, Cingrani, and Stephenson still in their organization.
    Those guys need to stay here. You don't move them.

I agree that overtaking the Cardinals and Pirates looks to be an even tougher task in 2014. Reds need a bit of alchemy from Jocketty this offseason.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Turn Off Ads?